• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brazos Valley Off-road Ranch trip?

that price is about right every ride spot is around 25 to 30 to ride around here im guessing its gonna be tough place for a larger dual sport depending on your skill level. im down to check it out

Not me but from the internet

In the DB world "bad" can be a good thing. Brazos Valley is pure fun if you have decent dirt experience. There are a couple challenging hills but plenty of good stuff that can be ridden by any C rider. Wet conditions can be a real issue.

I'll be patiently awaiting your pics! I'm excited to see this place right under my nose here. $25 seems really steep though if it's as bad as he described.

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk
Challenging, not bad. There's a difference. Price is fair.

My goal is to hit as many Offroad spots a possible by November. I’m doing lab2v this year and only have few years of dirt riding experience. It’s super addicting! Anything within 150 miles of Elgin I’m down

Hard to believe its been eight years. Awesome place to ride. Its a shame things didn't turn out right, could easily have been our premiere race site. Sad when "adults" can't sit down and work things out.

I'm thinking about organizing a visit to the Brazos Valley Off-road Ranch in Bryan. This off-road park is about 1.5 miles from the Texas A&M College of Medicine where I work, so it has been driving me crazy that there's a place like that so close that I haven't been to.

Per their website, their fee is $25 per motorcycle, with a minimum of $100 to open the park.

So, anyone interested in getting a group together to ride? Maybe on the 22nd or 23rd?
Is this a go? Also can someone show up if you have it or need to sign up with you ahead of time? Thanks

I think I pulled a muscle in my arm pretty badly and the pain is getting worse. Hopefully this will go away by Sunday [emoji19]

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

iv'e got 2 possibly 3 of us ready to go for sunday the 3rd guy is a game time decision heehee

Is this a go? Also can someone show up if you have it or need to sign up with you ahead of time? Thanks
I'll get some photos later today, and then I guess we'll decide as a group whether or not we want to explore the property on a day when some light rain is forecast.

I'll also ask Mike if he can accommodate people coming in late, or if we all need to arrive and pay at the same time.

I hadn't checked the weather, probably not a good place wet!

Great race video. That was the place. Some of the hills were so sharp that I saw a motorcycle get high centered on top. There was an immediate left turn just on the other side so blasting over that top was not an option and blowing the turn was seriously dangerous. You just didn't.

The place was basically two pieces, a front part that wound around a small sand pit operation and the bulk of it that everyone called the back 40. That's where the good stuff was. Between the weeds and youpon trail maintenance was non stop or it grew over fast. The fellow who organized races and ride days charged $20 and did a passable job of keeping the trails. With a group of friends it was totally worth it. I could make three loops on a good day.

B/CS grew and the sand pit operation suddenly invaded a big chunk of the back 40. The city published a proposed map showing a street running right through the place. I don't know what kind of arrangement the promoter had with the land owner but for whatever reason the organized riding scene came to a grinding halt. We went out there a couple of times afterwards but the sand pit had taken over and the riding area amounted to not much. Being essentially in my own back yard I really missed the place. Anyhow, that's the story of BVORR. Seems like sand pit businesses have cycles of busy times and outright neglect. I'll be interested to see how it sits now.

that price is about right every ride spot is around 25 to 30 to ride around here im guessing its gonna be tough place for a larger dual sport depending on your skill level. im down to check it out
Brazos Valley is a great place to ride. I've been there several times in the last couple of months. You just need to contact the landowner, Mike O (his text number is on his webpage) to set it up. There's a lot of single track but a consistent or continuous loop trail isn't really well marked (although there is one). Maybe you can try to follow him or his son (they're fast) for a 15+ mile loop, or you can just go out and cruise around on your own. Tons of challenges ... climbs, decents, creek crossings, fast flowing areas, just no rocks.

Brazos Valley is a great place to ride. I've been there several times in the last couple of months. You just need to contact the landowner, Mike O (his text number is on his webpage) to set it up. There's a lot of single track but a consistent or continuous loop trail isn't really well marked (although there is one). Maybe you can try to follow him or his son (they're fast) for a 15+ mile loop, or you can just go out and cruise around on your own. Tons of challenges ... climbs, decents, creek crossings, fast flowing areas, just no rocks.
Had no idea there was enough room for a 15 mile loop. The HS was only 4-5miles. Sounds great, just not in the rain. Would be good to have periodic rides with enough riders to keep the trails open. At least three hours for me so notice is needed.

Had no idea there was enough room for a 15 mile loop. The HS was only 4-5miles. Sounds great, just not in the rain. Would be good to have periodic rides with enough riders to keep the trails open. At least three hours for me so notice is needed.

FYI, this showed about 20 miles on my tracker. Since it's pretty sandy, it actually handles the rain pretty good. Although, the more pasture-type areas, like out around the FAA antenna, can stay pretty soggy. But of course, after a good rain, Mike the landowner gives the final go/no-go decision so the property doesn't get too torn up.

1582130966643.png

Maybe the ride area has changed, there was a lot of Caliche when we had the HS there. Caliche, water and knobbys don't work well together. Thanks for the update info.

Maybe the ride area has changed, there was a lot of Caliche when we had the HS there. Caliche, water and knobbys don't work well together. Thanks for the update info.
I can't remember but I'm sure the downhills would be very interesting!

That and I've turned into a fair weather rider! So there's that.

I haven't checked the gauge but we've had a lot of rain here the past couple of days. Still raining now. Probably a bit too wet for exploring the place today. Weather dude say maybe sunshine later.

Last edited:
Back