• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Breaking News - MotoGP is Back in the Saddle in Austin!

I went the first three years and bought general admission. Over all I had a great time but with no general admission tickets I might pass on this coming years races.

I went the first three years and bought general admission. Over all I had a great time but with no general admission tickets I might pass on this coming years races.
It is the same general admission just that they call it a different name. You can bet Austin and Travis County is behind it or COTA thinks it will sell more tickets this way. Remember lots of people including my friends are holding admission and camping passes from 2020 that was canceled. They did not ask for refunds because there was a rumor that they would be upgraded to VIP. That is false since the riders will be separated from Americans but the tourists from around the globe will sit right next to us raunchy Texans :). The bleachers are left over from NASCAR and you can leave them sit on the grass anywhere just like before. If I am wrong in my understanding of GA vs Bleachers someone please correct me. This is what I understood from reading link posted above. The price for bleachers is close to GA in 2020. Maybe 10 bucks more. Motorcycle parking is still free!!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe I won't be going this year.

SS
Well, never mind. Just got a note from Ticketmaster that my General Admission ticket has been automatically upgraded to a reserved seat.
I didn't get to pick it and they put me in turn 18.
I can still play-like general admission and sit in the grass anywhere I want.

SS

Well, never mind. Just got a note from Ticketmaster that my General Admission ticket has been automatically upgraded to a reserved seat.
I didn't get to pick it and they put me in turn 18.
I can still play-like general admission and sit in the grass anywhere I want.

SS
Were you holding the GA from 2020? I guess you had to have been. My friend has a camping permit left over hope nothing changes with that. He said at NASCAR that our usual grass area was blocked off.
Lucy you got some splainin....to do

Last edited:
Here's my Ticketmaster email:
MotoGP Rides Again

Important Ticket Information

Saddle up! The MotoGP Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas returns to Circuit of The Americas on October 1-3, 2021, and you're all set with your existing ticket package.
We appreciate your flexibility over the past year, so we've upgraded your General Admission tickets to Reserved Seat tickets! You'll now have the chance to explore your favorite GA areas or watch the race from your designated seat.

To access and manage your tickets, log into your Ticketmaster Account Manager. Once you're logged in, you'll see your tickets and designated bleacher and seat number.

We look forward to seeing you at #AmericasGP this fall!​

Ok, I am going, will be my first MotoGP race, first of anything like this. I spent the extra $40 for the "Cycle Corral" package,

Section T15

CYCLE CORAL PACKAGES INCLUDE:​

• 3-day MotoGP ticket in your choice of the Turn 12 Bleachers or Turn 15 Grandstand
  • Premium motorcycle parking in Lot D
  • Exclusive Circuit of The Americas gift bag
  • Parade Lap of the full Circuit on your own bike on Saturday, October 2nd

Mostly interested in closer parking, someone said this involved a lot of walking, I would like to avoid that :)

cota-jpg.jpg

Attachments

• cota.JPG
    cota.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 83
Any ideas on just getting tickets for Friday or Saturday only? I am so finding them.

Ok, I am going, will be my first MotoGP race, first of anything like this. I spent the extra $40 for the "Cycle Corral" package,

Section T15

CYCLE CORAL PACKAGES INCLUDE:​

• 3-day MotoGP ticket in your choice of the Turn 12 Bleachers or Turn 15 Grandstand
  • Premium motorcycle parking in Lot D
  • Exclusive Circuit of The Americas gift bag
  • Parade Lap of the full Circuit on your own bike on Saturday, October 2nd

Mostly interested in closer parking, someone said this involved a lot of walking, I would like to avoid that :)

View attachment 297152
You will love it and bring your walking shoes.

"Parade Lap of the full Circuit on your own bike on Saturday, October 2nd..."

I bought the package one year and on the parade lap they quoted a speed limit. To enforce it they had the local Sheriff's Dept stationed at various spots around the track running radar!
If you went over the limit, the LEO would wave the "finger-down" sign for you slow down.
Was kinda odd since the "ride leader" was over the limit too! Ha!
.... but it was still tons-o-fun!
SS

You will love it and bring your walking shoes.
I keep hearing that. I found out this weekend I cannot walk more than 3/4 of a mile easily. Where will I be walking to and from at the COTA? How vast is the distance from Parking Lot D to Sec T15? It doesn't look that bad... :(

That's not a bad hike. Less than 2/10ths of a mile I would guess. Lot D to 15 is less than your 3/4 mile.
If the designations haven't changed, D is practically right in front of the entrance.
Get inside the gate and veer left behind the food vendors. That's how it was set up last time I sat in 15... and 12 for that matter.

The big walking trek comes in if you are in turn 1 or want visit the back of the track. There is a foot bridge to that area but it's still a hike.

Turns 12 thru 18 are the easiest, you just have to fight your way thru the food vendor aisle.

Cool, I can manage that. Got a hotel in Lockhart reserved, all set.
There are pedicabs sometimes. Think they charge, Free M?C parking is the closest I believe. I like to go to the dealers displays and it is a ways but they do have elevators for the track bridge. The stars are crowded and numerous steps, up and down.
Now I sold my big bike the XR650 tail bag won't hold helmet and jacket. I plan to check them at the CMA. The C means trustworthy :D
You will be just fine and I hope for cool weather and no rain.

Anyone hear any news about the E-Bike races or Baggers?

Grandstand Seats - check
Bastrop AirBnB - check
Fired Up - check

If you haven't done this before I can't recommend it too highly. MotoAmerica has to figure something out so we can enjoy the Superbikes too (currently their season ends before MotoGP weekend), once they do, standby for 3 days of almost non-stop action. And those saying that the big screen TV is just as good haven't seen 20+ Moto3 riders tip into T1 or the big boys slipstreaming down the main straight, separated by inches at 200mph. It's 100% visceral.

I would like to see them at Indy after COTA. I don't know how a second race in Austin would draw as far as fans go.

I'd like to see them at Laguna Seca again but that's not going to happen!

Laguna Seca - where the access road to the racetrack is better than 90% of the world's actual racetracks!

I would like to see them at Indy after COTA. I don't know how a second race in Austin would draw as far as fans go.

A buddy and I went to the 2013 GP at Indy. What an epic trip!

Friday we went by the Dallara Indy Car Factory to take a tour. They have a carbon fiber autoclave bigger than my house! They also have a street legal, 2-seat version of an Indy Car racer and we took a ride/tour around the streets of Indy! In an Indy race car! Wow! (check the headlights on the front wing and the license plate on the rear and the treaded street tires)

We hit Moto 2, 3, and GP qualifying on Saturday... daytime. Saturday afternoon we hit the Indy Raceway Park drag strip to watch time trials at the Pingle Thunder Nationals and that night we went to the Fairgrounds to see the Indy Mile flat track race. Afterward we hit the bike party on the streets downtown.

Sunday we watched the GP races and then hauled it back over to the drag strip to see the remaining finals.

Whew! What a weekend. My head was swimming for weeks.

I'd love to do Indy again.

SS

Attachments

• IMG_1394 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_1394 (1280x960).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1403 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_1403 (1280x960).jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1401 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_1401 (1280x960).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102