• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Breaking News - MotoGP is Back in the Saddle in Austin!

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
JUST ANNOUNCED:

MotoGP Returns October 1-3, 2021

Get ready for the long-awaited return of The Horsepower Rodeo! Today, it was announced that the 2021 MotoGP Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas will take place on October 1-3, 2021.

Preparations are already underway for an unforgettable race weekend experience that is nearly two years in the making! As an existing ticket holder, your tickets will be reissued in your Account Manager early next week. No further action is needed.

We look forward to welcoming you and the fastest riders in the world back to The Circuit this October!

Excellent. See y'all there!!

That is great news. I will be there. My friend has a camping pass and tickets from the canceled race. I recommend it for anyone that likes or loves motorcycles. Hope the vendors have lots of bikes to look at, and possibly test ride. The Ducati area is wild.
I bet remaining tickets go fast.
I just signed up for ticket alert.

Last edited:
Just started really paying attention to MotoGP and Moto2 this year. Any advice on the best way to attend these races and get the full experience?
I plan to ride to Austin from Houston on Saturday morning if I can get tickets.

I just ordered info for the VIP weekend. Haven't been since 2017. Woo Hoo!!!

Just started really paying attention to MotoGP and Moto2 this year. Any advice on the best way to attend these races and get the full experience?
If you go, seats in turns 15 and 1 are the most coveted, but $$$$ and hard to get. If you buy a seat, try to get up high so you can see more of the other turns. 15 has the best action viewing in my opinion.
Good passing spot in turn 1.
Turn 12 seating is good for watching the bikes come from the back straight at 200+ mph down to 30mph for turn 12 ... but it's a little limited for viewing much other action. That's where Marquez crashed last time.
Don't worry about getting tickets. You can always get a general admission ticket... they don't run out of those.
I learned my lesson and now get a general admission ticket of $ and bring a fold-up chair and sit in various places in the grass.
I like the back esses, turns 3,4,5 & 6 or 8 and 9 or even turn 11 that leads to the back straight. Good high speed action viewing in 3 thru 6.
There are places in the grass near 16,17,18 and 19 that are pretty good but really crowded (they are closest to the bigger food/drink vendors)
The track is BIG! Pack as light as you can. Be prepared to hike if you go to turn one or the back side of the track.
Motorcycle parking is free but last time they had general MC parking at the far end of the lot and it was a bit of a hike. VIP parking and parking for the various motorcycle groups is better but at extra cost. (cash parking for cars was $25 last time I took my cage)
Food and drinks are expensive so tank up before you go.
I'm a beer drinker and with a tip I was paying $10 per for the beer wagon to come by me.
Bring and wear your sun screen!
If you can get by with just water, there are water refill stations around the track.
Go early and stay late to avoid the traffic.
Off Tollway-130, entry to the backside of track parking on/from Pearce or Elroy have the lightest traffic .
If you have to have a tshirt, get the best one you can afford. don't get the cheaper white MotoGP shirts.... they fade way too fast.

Do go, even if you have to go by yourself. You will not regret it.

Have fun!
SS

Last edited:
Also - if you have bags on your bike, bring walking shoes and stash your boots. There is a LOT of walking at this facility!
If the sun is out, bring a little fold-up umbrella for personal shade.
Also for general admission ticket holders. When sitting in the grass, sit at the top of the hill to get every available breeze.

SS

The cheap way: General Admission. Friday and Sat are really fun - don't just come for the race. Then, you can walk around the whole track and find your favorite vantage point - I like thee area from turn 3 to 10.

The cheap way: General Admission. Friday and Sat are really fun - don't just come for the race. Then, you can walk around the whole track and find your favorite vantage point - I like thee area from turn 3 to 10.
Agree. If you have the time, the extra days give you time to watch practice and qualifying AND cruise the vendors. Tshirt heaven.
Oh, and people watching is fun too.
SS

I did seats in Turn 1 the first year, and GA one time after that, and GA is definitely the way to go. Lots of great vantage points around the track, with the ability to use as many as you want at your leisure.

I noticed this announcement yesterday when I got notification the Kiss "End of the Road" concert got bumped to Wednesday from Saturday since it is at the ampitheater at the track. I really didn't want to ask for a day off just to attend a concert.

Similar to Laguna, you need to get to your favorite corner early and don't leave. The hill at turn 2 is pretty good as you get to see the run from turn one all the way to the hairpin at the end of that run and you can see across the track to turns 12-18. As others have said, it's a LOT of walking.

....whhheeeeee!

IMG-20190414-144527718-HDR.jpg

If you must be in the stands, this is the best one to be in IMO.

T15 stands are also very good, especially towards the south end.

cota.jpg

You can see most of the back straight, and T12, T13, and T15 are all good overtaking spots, and you can also peek over the infield and see T3 to T6 a bit (not much, really). In Dao's photo, the stands in the background are the T15 stands.

The VERY best view is from the track itself! I was corner-worker on T14 years ago. LONG days (something like 5am to 5pm, Fri, Sat and Sun) but I watched all weekend from this perspective:

t14.jpg

If you have any interesting in racing, I'd HIGHLY recommend volunteering as a corner worker. It was a rainy weekend, and I helped push several bikes out of the gravel trap. I'm in the Moto2 footage from that weekend :sun:

Turn 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were you in the stands for this episode?

I was in the back side esses sitting right behind a large group of Marquez fans. I could see across the track that the fans in the turn 12 stands were jumping around.
I yelled "He's down! Marquez is down!" and everyone just looked at me like I was nuts.
And just then you could see on the big screen on our side of the track that Marquez fell. I actually thought the ladies in that group were gonna cry.
Immediately everyone else starting pulling for a Rossi win. Didn't happen, but it was close!
SS

Last edited:
"Upgraded Viewing Experience" is one way to spin this...

Screenshot_20210708-155149.png

It sounds like you'll be able to roam around, but sit only in your assigned area. :roll:

Last edited:
I guess they just left up the NASCAR race seats and decided that's the way to COVID limit the # of people atttending.

Interesting that Motegi (Japan) is listed on some schedule's for Oct. 1st. Where will it move to now COTA has that date? Is Japan taking Phillip Island's slot? Crazy
Now Moto America is all rumored up. I won't even go there, see it at Superbikeplanet
March 26-28Qatar
April 2-4Qatar II
April 16-18Portugal
April 30 – May 2Jerez – Angel Nieto
May 14 – 16Le Mans
May 28 – 30Mugello
June 4 – 6Catalunya
June 18 – 20Sachsenring
June 25 – 27TT Assen Circuit
July 9 – 11Finland
August 13 – 15Austria
August 27 – 29Silverstone