• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brenham Municipal Airport RTE

Reaction score
Well, there's no much of a "ride" report as this was a short ride from Katy to Brenham. I first stoped by Dwayne and Rita's to get my oil changed and learn how to do the oil change on the Strom, so from there I picked up a straight route to Brenham. I could have taken the scenic route, as I got to the Airport really early. This was my first real ride (other than around town for bike nights) since I broke my ankle in January.

While waiting another couple of riders pulled up, but werent on TWT. I mentioned the forum and website, so who knows, they might join our little community in the future. Some really small planes were doing some formation flying, but landed soon after. They did "park" really close to were I parked the Strom, so it made for a nice photo op.

RTEBrenham004.jpg

We immediately went insde for some food once most of the folks showed up. I had the chicken fried steak sandwich, which was quite nice actually.

RTEBrenham012.jpg

Now we have our "ride to eat", but these guys have us beat with their "fly-to-eat"... :giveup: most of the patrons at the diner are fliers who just go there to eat something and then fly home!

RTEBrenham014.jpg

Back to the parking lot to do some tire-kicking and look at the planes...

RTEBrenham015.jpg

RTEBrenham019.jpg

This one is either a replica of an old Soviet Union plane, or who knows, and actual old Soviet Union era plane? Some one help me out here, I'm not all that familiar with Sukhoi's and such...

RTEBrenham020.jpg

Nice little bi-plane

RTEBrenham021.jpg

RTEBrenham022.jpg

RTEBrenham023.jpg

RTEBrenham024.jpg

It got really hot and muggy, so it wasn't long until we all said our good-byes and saddled up. I wore my cooling vest on the way home, but the combination of not having been riding in the heat in a looong time, and the humidity made for a short trip home. Other than taking 359 instead of 290 all the way to Katy there weren't many scenic detours...I just wanted to get home!

It was nice seeing everyone today. We need to have these RTE's more often!!!!

RTEBrenham025.jpg

Nice photos Ana! The planes and the bikes look nice. What kind of digital camera and lens set up do you use?

pk

Thanks, I bought a Nikon D-80 in January. It has a 18-55mm lens, and I later added a Tamron 28-300mm. Still learning how to use all the functions on it though...

We talked about that today, but like Jeff said, it's probably more like the "two-hundred-dollar-hamburger" at these gas prices...

I was thinking about that earlier today, on a long day most could get close to $100 on a bike, for planes it would be way more than that now.

I'd like to tell you about my day today.

Today, I got up and did my Saturday official weigh in. I was down 17.5 lbs from my high in Feb of this year. I am thankful to be so blessed.

Today, as I turned and headed towards the meet up point, I remembered a handicap boy in his teens that was at my doctors office on Wednesday who will never be able to ride a motorcycle to meet friends for lunch. I am thankful to be so blessed.

Today, I rode by some men preparing to pour a concrete slab for a house. They probably don't have weekends off and insurance I thought. I am thankful to be so blessed.

Today, I admired my latest addition to the list of bikes I have owned. I thought that very few people get to own cars or bikes that they truly desired. I am thankful to be so blessed.

Today, I met a man at a gas station who I invited to join our family friendly group of riders. Thinking of how good it is to be part of a group that I am proud to be a part of and enjoy inviting others to join. I am thankful to be so blessed.

Today, I got to have lunch with some old friends, some new ones, and laughed until it hurt at times. I am thankful to be so blessed.

Today, as I passed a small rural church where a hearse was parked outside, I was wondering if they were able to talk about how the man lived or how he died. I am hoping that when my day comes people can talk of how I lived. I am thankful to be so blessed.

Today, I was able to ride with friends to a great destination and return safely home to my beautiful wife. I am thankful to be so blessed.

Today, I apologized to the Lord for taking for granted all the days that he gives me and lets me have to enjoy, if only I can keep my perspective correct. I am thankful to be so blessed.

Today, I did not worry or stress. I was able to just enjoy the day with friends and not worry about time or tomorrow. I am thankful to be so blessed.

Today, I was reminded of a verse. Matt 6:34 "Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care of itself".nasb I am thankful to be so blessed.

Thanks to those who were able to make it out. It was a great day. Looking forward to the next time.

Attachments

• P1010889.jpg
    P1010889.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 137
  • P1010885.jpg
    P1010885.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 136
  • P1010886.jpg
    P1010886.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Bikes and planes! What more could you want? Looks like a good time was had by all.

Nice pics, Ana. I enjoyed the visit and thanks for putting this together, Jack. It was good seeing old faces and meeting new ones. I hope we have more RTE"s to work into our schedules.

Steve
03 ST1300
06 WeeStrom
07 SV1000

Nice pics, Ana. I enjoyed the visit and thanks for putting this together, Jack. It was good seeing old faces and meeting new ones. I hope we have more RTE"s to work into our schedules.

Steve
03 ST1300
06 WeeStrom
07 SV1000

I had a great time and hope my prior post wasn't too heavy. This was just one of those days that really hit home with me of where I have come from and that life is to be enjoyed.

There will be more RTEs coming up. I was thinking of the 14th of june if the weather is good. Maybe we could go over to la grange. I have emailed you to get the name of the place you mentioned. Once I have that I'll start on that ride to eat.

Last edited:
The Airport Diner in Fredericksburg is a neat place to do the plane and eat
deal. It is done up like and old 50's era diner

Well, I must chime in. My daughter Lee and I shared a chocolate malt for dessert yesterday. Her first word after a taste was "WOW!" followed by "are you going finish your half?" That good. :eat: Good to see everyone and finally meet some folks from the site. Jack, set these up and if I can make, I'm there.:rider:

I had a great time and hope my pryor post wasn't too heavy. This was just one of those days that really hit home with me of where I have come from and that life is to be enjoyed.

There will be more RTEs coming up. I was thinking of the 14th of june if the weather is good. Maybe we could go over to la grange. I have emailed you to get the name of the place you mentioned. Once I have that I'll start on that ride to eat.

Great Post Jack....I for one had a great time...really good food and company. I will try to make as many as I can but after hearing the stories I will bring my own map just in case you end up leading a ride.:lol2:

Great Post Jack....I for one had a great time...really good food and company. I will try to make as many as I can but after hearing the stories I will bring my own map just in case you end up leading a ride.:lol2:

So true, so true......:rofl:

So true, so true......:rofl:

lol, you guys should have been with us today looking for this. At least we were in the truck and only had to ask a couple of locals directions. email me and I'll send you the entire story of this monument just out of jacksonville,tx. I havent been to it in over 20 yrs, and wanted to show it to my wife since we were up that way.

Attachments

• P1020149b.jpg
    P1020149b.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 129
Back