• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bringing Home a new toy

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
Time to work on balance skills bringing home a 2017 Sherco 250 tomorrow

Attachments

• new toy.jpg
    new toy.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 226
Toys, want a trials bike, a small dual sport bike, and I'm poor. Enjoy your new ride. They're a blast.

I have had a few in the past but now have several riding buds that also have them so have a group to laugh at as they laugh at me now, bunch of old
guys hopping pebbles and falling while channeling their inner Toni Bou

I've had 4, after a while get tired of no partners to ride with. With my first one there was my mentor and his son. We had a blast, but then was in the late 70's. It was Montessa 348 I think, think a Yamaha TY350. And a modern Montessa and GG. Heck you can have fun in your backyard!!

I have had a few in the past but now have several riding buds that also have them so have a group to laugh at as they laugh at me now, bunch of old
In this case Toni BooBoo!

I've had 4, after a while get tired of no partners to ride with. With my first one there was my mentor and his son. We had a blast, but then was in the late 70's. It was Montessa 348 I think, think a Yamaha TY350. And a modern Montessa and GG. Heck you can have fun in your backyard!!
Backyard, that's what I was thinking :thumb:

Every time I go to Rio Bravo I spend some time talking to the trials folks. I love it and will have a trials bike one of these days.

Very nice new bike and with friends doing trials, it should be real fun.
Enjoy it!

Both my wife and I ride gas gas trials bikes, but found almost no-one to ride with here in Texas, let us know if you and your friends are willing to let us tag along, would love to join you. We go to Arkansas and ride with a club there occasionally.

gary

Gary, you are always welcome to come spend some time with us. We ride at Zars Ranch most weekends (room for camping or campers if you want) we have miles of single track for the bikes and some good areas for trials

I bought that bike last spring when I sold my house in town. I've wanted one for a while to work on my balance and bike control. First real time I rode it was at the Super Trials event in Luckenbach last year in May. I sucked, finished last, and had an absolute blast.

Then I didn't ride it much at all because no one else to ride with. Now I have a couple of buddies I ride big bikes with that have trials bikes so we have a little Pop-pop Posse.

A deal on a Factory model came along that I couldn't pass up so Bud got the good deal I got on the '17. He needed the humiliation along with the rest of us. Lol!

We went past the basic balance drills to fun stuff we normally do on big bikes. One thing I learned real quick is that going slow is hard, real hard. It's still kicking my butt and I ride a lot.

Like Bud said Gary, c'mom out and join us sometime. We also need to make the pilgrimage to Emma Long soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought that bike last spring when I sold my house in town. I've wanted one for a while to work on my balance and bike control. First real time I rode it was at the Super Trials event in Luckenbach last year in May. I sucked, finished last, and had an absolute blast.

Then I didn't ride it much at all because no one else to ride with. Now I have a couple of buddies I ride big bikes with that have trials bikes so we have a little Pop-pop Posse.

A deal on a Factory model came along that I couldn't pass up so Bud got the good deal I got on the '17. He needed the humiliation along with the rest of us. Lol!

We went past the basic balance drills to fun stuff we normally do on big bikes. One thing I learned real quick is that going slow is hard, real hard. It's still kicking my butt and I ride a lot.

Like Bud said Gary, c'mom out and join us sometime. We also need to make the pilgrimage to Emma Long soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let me know when yall want to ride emma long!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back