• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Broken Bow Oklahoma

Reaction score
We are heading up to broken bow Oklahoma to do some riding in the ouachita national forest and nearby areas. Does anyone know any good routes/trails to ride?

Not sure if you are strictly interested in dirt. If you like twisty pavement, you'll be an hour's enjoyable ride south of the Talimena Highway, which is a great ride with some amazing vistas.

Will spend some time in the dirt and on pavement will be on a klr650. I will also have my sxs too. Do you have a link or info to that highway ?

Not sure if you are strictly interested in dirt. If you like twisty pavement, you'll be an hour's enjoyable ride south of the Talimena Highway, which is a great ride with some amazing vistas.
Looks like get on it in tailmena ok and it goes to mena Arkansas?

Looks like get on it in tailmena ok and it goes to mena Arkansas?
Correct. Here's a sample, over close to Mena. I took this on a 2012 trip.

Actually, due north up from Broken Bow is a very nice ride. You can make a good loop riding north to Big Cedar, going west on 63 into Talihina, then ride the scenic highway (hwy 1) over to Mena, have lunch, then catch 63 back to Big Cedar and back down to Broken Bow.

I don't know much about dirt tracks in the area, but I know there is one that originates at Talimena State Park. I've camped there several times, and there are always a number of people with dirt bikes or 4-wheelers who camp there & ride that track. I'm sure others here can give you a lot more info about it.

Attachments

• 2012-1108 Talihina (42).JPG
    2012-1108 Talihina (42).JPG
    570.3 KB · Views: 121
Might want to look at K-Trail north of Broken Bow off Hwy259. South of Big Cedar and across from Three Sticks monument . D1650 ride east in to Mena Ar. đź‘Ť

Might want to look at K-Trail north of Broken Bow off Hwy259. South of Big Cedar and across from Three Sticks monument . D1650 ride east in to Mena Ar. đź‘Ť

Is the K-Trail doable with a bigger ADV bike? Looks like you can get off HWY 271

Does anyone know any good routes/trails to ride?
Look up the Oklahoma Adventure Trail. It goes through Broken bow. Lots of unpaved up along the Talemina Scenic Byway between 271 and 259. Stay off the K-Trail, unless you just like beating yourself to death. Also, the Choctaw National Trail runs through there. Also a total beatdown. Just west of Smithville is abut 240,000 acres of Warehouser forest land with abut 5000 miles of forest service roads. I've ridden in there for HOURS and never seen another human - although there are stories of meth labs, etc, etc.

We made the ride up to talihina ok and down talimena highway to mena and back. Was a good scenic ride weather could have been better but it was a good ride. Thanks for the suggestions.

Attachments

• 07E15802-CCE7-4BF9-8449-9C91A788F4A0.png
    07E15802-CCE7-4BF9-8449-9C91A788F4A0.png
    547.3 KB · Views: 116
Back