• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bryan Street, Dallas

Reaction score
Bryan Street in Dallas, TX shot in March 2010 and processed for HDR.

bryan-street.jpg

3 exposures: ISO 200, 35mm, f/22, 1/30, 1/8, 1/2

Ok, I'll start the critique. Maybe I should stay away from HDR. I've been playing with it for a few months and I'm not sure if I like the effect.

Processing aside, I think the horizon line should have been positioned a bit lower in the frame. I was walking with a group of people when I shot this so it was very rushed.

Anthony,

I like this photo. I do ask myself, what is this photo about? Is it the leading lines? Is it the buildings? Is it the Birds in Flight?

I think that you did a real good job on the HDR processing. I know that I struggle with it myself to not make it come out too cartoon'ish and over saturated.

For me when I view this photo, it is about the leading lines, I think that I would actually bring the horizon line up, by cropping this in portrait, with the foreground (lower 2/3rds) being the brick road and rails, with the upper 3rd being the terminus near the buildings, with the trees framing the shot on the left and right.

What time of day / day of the week was this? I am surprised to see the shot absent of any people / cars. Looks very deserted.

What time of day / day of the week was this? I am surprised to see the shot absent of any people / cars. Looks very deserted.
That's what I was thinking and is probably the most amazing part of the photo. Or did you remove people in post processing? Either way, you were a hop skip and a jump from me there.

I work near that location so I'm there quite often. I took this photo because it was the first time I had seen this location without people. It was 10am on a Sunday morning.

Back