• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bud's Courthouse Tour...

Reaction score
I got the name LowriderBud about 20 years ago when I met my friend Doc. I was riding a H-D Lowrider and he tagged me with that handle. I been using it ever since. I started Blogging in 2011 when I rode to Alaska and wanted a means to keep in touch with family and friends, and to let them ride along on my adventure. Most of my blogs have links to the others; all have motorcycle related themes.

My most current blog is Texas Courthouses - A Motorcycle Photo Tour where I post pictures and travel experiences associated with riding to each courthouse. I got started last November, it's not a small task, Texas has 254 county seats. I'm far from a professional photographer and try to improve with each picture, sometimes they come out okay. So, this is going to take a while. Saddle up and ride along.

Later, Bud...

Enjoying this Bud. A lot of interesting courthouses.

Last edited:
For those that are/might be interested; I just returned from a 9,000 mile round-trip ride to Alaska, the link to my blog is Bud's 2019 Trip to Alaska . I also shot some more pictures to add to the Courthouse blog.

I rode my Africa Twin. It performed flawless, but might be the most uncomfortable bike I've ever traveled on. I'll probably get a lot of hate-mail for saying that, but sometimes you just got to tell it like it is.

Later, Bud...

Bud:

Just saw this thread and your courthouse photo blog. I started a journey several years ago to visit Texas courthouses after seeing a show about Texas courthouses on PBS (Houston Channel 8). Being something of a Texas history nut, I visit courthouses at every reasonable opportunity to look around and get to know the local history a little better. Fun stuff.

I don't see Liberty County's courthouse on your blog. If you ever get over this way, shoot me a line before you come. My office is just off the courthouse square.

Bruce

My bad. Didn't look far enough down the blog to see that you'd already visited here. Anyway, feel free to look me up next time you're through here.

Bruce, thanks for the interest in my courthouse blog. This has been an exceptionally difficult year for courthouse visits. With any luck 2021 will be better. I need to get down to Galveston, Brazoria, and Fort Bend Counties and my route to Galveston is through Liberty County. I'll let you know when I'm heading that way. Look forward to meeting you.

Happy New Year, Bud...

Saw the title and thought I was about to get a summons:eek2:

Great tour of courthouses Bud from another Bud

Bruce, thanks for the interest in my courthouse blog. This has been an exceptionally difficult year for courthouse visits. With any luck 2021 will be better. I need to get down to Galveston, Brazoria, and Fort Bend Counties and my route to Galveston is through Liberty County. I'll let you know when I'm heading that way. Look forward to meeting you.

Happy New Year, Bud...
Thanks, Bud, and Happy New Year to you, too. I haven't seen those courthouses yet either. If you can stand the company, maybe I can join you.

Bruce

Back