• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Buell - Third Time's a..... ?

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Shelfer
I hadn't heard this before; maybe some of you had. Buell is back again. This time, with no connection to Erik Buell, and apparently none with HD; it appears they'll be a fully independent company. I didn't find anything in the article about how they intend to source their engines.

I wish them good luck. I liked the Buell Ulysses when they were around. Never got to ride one, but the looks were great IMO.

I used to ride with a guy who had a Ulysses. It was an awesome bike. It's also impressive that Buell could get that much horsepower out of a Sportster engine while making it quieter than a VStrom and smoother than a Honda. When I would pull up next to Hugh's Uly at a stoplight, the only thing I could hear was the oversized cooling fan.

I do hope that with better business heads than EB, and without interference from HD, they can make a go of it this time.

this is good news. Erik Buell is a sharp and innovative guy but not a good businessman. Harley is a business dumpster fire that's going to smolder for decades and burn anything that gets near it. Buell's ideas put into practice by a potentially healthier business structure could be a great thing.

I really hope they do well. I've always liked their ideas but hated that for most of their life they were burdened by being forced to use a Harley powerplant. I really liked them when they switched up to the Rotax stuff. I almost bought an 1125r but they were gone before I could get one.

I really hope they do well. I've always liked their ideas but hated that for most of their life they were burdened by being forced to use a Harley powerplant. I really liked them when they switched up to the Rotax stuff. I almost bought an 1125r but they were gone before I could get one.
Ditto.

Don't get your hopes up, from the new CEO's LinkedIn profile;

Experienced owner/operator/dealmaker with a demonstrated history of working in the financial services industry. Skilled in Business Planning, Distressed Finance, Management, Valuation, and Liquidation. History of operating deals well for Fortune 500 clients and middle market businesses. A trusted resource for banks, courts, trustees, and advisors when they need to monetize assets.

His company is called Liquid Asset Partners. They handled the liquidation of the previous version of Indian Motorcycles & acquired the assets of Buell in 2016.

Back