• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bumpgate Rd is now really dual sport

SilverBullet

never slow down...you never grow old
Reaction score
Cedar Creek Rd between Rocksprings and Barksdale is now in true DS condition. Little mud, little sand, nasty washouts, ledges, a couple serious water crossings and rocks, more rocks and baby head rocks. Not big bike friendly like it has been the few other times I rode it. I was on my return leg from a long multi week ride and hit it for my last dirt before Houston. So fully loaded down heavy and riding solo had me wishing more than a few times I hadn't taken the road. Made it through without carnage but more luck than skill in a couple places.

Perfect fun ride for a proper dual sport. Big bike doable with experience but strip your luggage, off road gear and ride with a buddy.

Got to the south end of the road and found this. Why they didnt have a sign at the other end? LOL

20161002_133433_zpst5pvd4ie.jpg

Water was not too deep, max 2 ft but flowing strong.

20161002_132458_zpsldu4blse.jpg

Map

Screenshot_2016-10-03-07-42-01_zpsmi76jmuk.png

_

Last edited:
SAB and I were in the neighborhood yesterday. We road Hackberry and Bullhead but didn't have time to run down Cedar Creek, now I wish we had.
:suicide:

Hackberry Rd.
hackberry1-XL.jpg

Bullhead Rd.
bullhead2-XL.jpg

SAB and I were in the neighborhood yesterday. We road Hackberry and Bullhead but didn't have time to run down Cedar Creek, now I wish we had.
:suicide:

SAB probably wouldn't have wished it though since on the new heavier BRP would have been a real workout for her to say the least.

And what's the odds? I almost did Hackberry and Bullhead but was heading home via the south thru Uvalde so last second decided Cedar Creek was more efficient. Last time I returned from an extended multi week trip I bumped into the two of you and the Strom a Thon group at the Bullhead bumpgate start.

_

SAB probably wouldn't have wished it though since on the new heavier BRP would have been a real workout for her to say the least._

+1 on that. Plus the bike was loaded as it will be for Mexico.

"... I almost did Hackberry and Bullhead but was heading home via the south thru Uvalde so last second decided Cedar Creek was more efficient. Last time I returned from an extended multi week trip I bumped into the two of you and the Strom a Thon group at the Bullhead..."

Ha. We saw a lone rider behind us on our way to Bullhead. We mused that it might be you, again.

I was in the area with Jeff S a few weeks ago. The roads were really quite green from all the recent rain...good to know about Cedar Creek.

Glad you made it through without any major mishaps.

See ya,

RB

Back