• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Burgers and the Three Sisters

Soozy

Reaction score
I made a promise this year to leave home and go somewhere every three day weekend. Not being a planner, I started looking on Wednesday for an adventure for last weekend. Found a Three Sisters Rally for Burgman riders. I posted up to see if I would be able to elbow my way in so late....yup. Packed on Thursday so I could get on the road after work, yet still make it during daylight.

I made this trip early in April and never posted pictures, so first those.
Bill, Rachel, Graeme, and New Guy included me in their plans to ride the dirt routes. I made it to Junction in a little over 5 hours so I could ride the pavement. It was such a great time!

900.jpg

I love these river crossings.

909.jpg

This is a nice place for lunch in Kerrville...The Green Grocers Deli

905.jpg

904.jpg

903.jpg

913.jpg

Bill took the scooter for a spin then he and Rachel modeled riding positions for two-up on the Burgman.

915.jpg

916.jpg

917.jpg

918.jpg

923.jpg

I spent some pleasant time in this city...with my little friend.

924.jpg

926.jpg

930.jpg

Enjoyed a lunch at the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop.

928.jpg

929.jpg

931.jpg

Stood at the geographical center of Texas. Turns out the 'actual' center is just nearby.

I found on this first trip to the area that I really loved riding 337 and 16. I was able to set my own pace because I was riding solo. I remember thinking that I have to return soon.

Three weeks later I was back.

I met 18 other scooter riders at the Whitten Inn in Kerrville.

010-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

We split into three groups and took a route that took us along 16 to 337 to Leakey. We did 335 South to North, then across 41 to 336 and down to Camp Wood for lunch at BJ's Sweet Shop.

019.jpg

017-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Hmmmmmm........

The Lone Star Moto Museum was next.

What a great place! I am including all my pictures.

056.jpg

041-1.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

026.jpg

027-1.jpg

028.jpg

029-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

031.jpg

032-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038-1.jpg

039.jpg

040-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

044-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

Stonehenge wrapped up the day. I love this place.

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

This picture will be blown up and put up in my math classroom.

063.jpg

064.jpg

Many of the riders had to leave on Sunday, but two of the ladies stayed and we had a terrific ride Sunday. Pictures tomorrow!!

Nice stuff! Now I have a question. Is it a group, a gaggle, flock, or herd of Bergmans?

Or maybe a school of scooters??

Nice trip pics..... I have an idea of where you could get that shot enlarged for your classroom by the way.
Linky

Nice Pics. I see Bill and Rachel modeling the trademark "Burgman grin".

I like Ed's idea of a school of scooters. Nothing could be more disturbing than to see a school of scooters ridind the 3's in the side mirrors of an HD :eek2:

With all that Scooter Trash buzzing around, the locals will have forgotten about the D/S riders now LOL.

Where is the picture of the scoot under Stonehedge ?

Glad you had a good time, hopefully you didn't scared to many of the HD crowd LOL

Let's see...it is a thunder of Harleys and a 'WHOOOOSH' of scooters.

Graeme, there were so many bikes at Stonehenge and not one was inside the fence. It seemed that everyone assumed we couldn't ride in. Trust me, I wanted to.

We were out there last weekend, MAN was that place packed but I only remember seeing one scooter and he was at the rear of a pack of cruisers. He probably caught up to them in the twisties and couldn't get around them. :lol2:

Looks like Soozy got caught by Daryl on 337?

Here's more:

TxMotoFoto Scooter Page

We sure had a good time as we always do. Here's one of us that he took of us.

WingHC_800.jpg

Graeme, there were so many bikes at Stonehenge and not one was inside the fence. It seemed that everyone assumed we couldn't ride in. Trust me, I wanted to.

I was there 2 weeks ago and someone had a SUV next to one of the Easrter Island heads. There is a gate at the Hunt end of the field that was open.

Sure does! :clap:

Soozy was alive and well and regaling us about her trip last night. She also mentioned a couple of DFW scooter riders (one on a Piaggio - X9 maybe?) that we need to drag to a M&G or a Pie Run. :rider:

Sure does! :clap:

Soozy was alive and well and regaling us about her trip last night. She also mentioned a couple of DFW scooter riders (one on a Piaggio - X9 maybe?) that we need to drag to a M&G or a Pie Run. :rider:

x9 yes

I was there 2 weeks ago and someone had a SUV next to one of the Easrter Island heads. There is a gate at the Hunt end of the field that was open.

Well, I guess that means I will be going back soon. I have my last 3 day weekend on the observed Memorial day weekend....:rider:

We were out there last weekend, MAN was that place packed but I only remember seeing one scooter and he was at the rear of a pack of cruisers. He probably caught up to them in the twisties and couldn't get around them. :lol2:

Here's more:

TxMotoFoto Scooter Page

We sure had a good time as we always do. Here's one of us that he took of us.

WingHC_800.jpg

Ever notice how the wing LOOKS like one of them scooters on steroids? :doh:

On with the story...

Our first stop was the Camp Verde General Store. Understand that I am not a shopper at all, but this store is so well thought through, laid out, charming, and interesting that no one should miss a chance to shop there. The merchandise is hand picked and unusual. There is even a little restaurant in it. I didn't get any pictures...just trust me, it is worth your time.

We rode out to Bracketville and made our way to the "World's Largest Movie Set" or the John Wayne's Alamo. It is a great destination, but plan for heat! There is a charge of $10.75 to go in and you will ride on a bit of washboard gravel to get to the set.

The Cantina made for a fun lunch break as the local law man threatened us into behaving. We were the total crowd. As I shot pictures, I noticed that the camera shots look better than the views I was seeing. I guess that is by design?

See for yourself...

005-2.jpg

My riding buddy Robin with her slick red Burgman Executive. She has cool toys all over her ride. She uses the gps to preview the twisties as she rides.

006-2.jpg

Shelley posts on twtex as RASZ and rides a Piaggio X9. I enjoyed the company of these women and they ride like they stole the bikes. hehehe

007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

020-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

023-2.jpg

024-2.jpg

025-2.jpg

026-1.jpg

027-2.jpg

028-1.jpg

029-2.jpg

030-2.jpg

033-2.jpg

Yeah...it is a picture of me...

036-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

038-2.jpg

039-1.jpg

040-2.jpg

044-2.jpg

045-2.jpg

050-2.jpg

051-2.jpg

053-2.jpg

056-1.jpg

058-1.jpg

061-1.jpg

064-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

069.jpg

Our return ride back to the metroplex was swift. I noticed we passed the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls and later the Koffee Kup in Hico. We stopped at Eve's in Lampasas. Cute decor and outstanding food, so I had to snap some views for you.

073.jpg

They are on the town square.

070.jpg

I love Albert Einstein.

071.jpg

Swine Flew

072.jpg

And Toads Too

Wow, great report Soozy! I never knew about the old moive set down there, now I have to go back. You really know how to have a good time! :sun:

Voyagerider: Is that a 78 yamaha 650 Special? I have a 79 that i have had sense1980. Only 10000 miles on.

Great report Soozy---
Now, don't forget that we are gonna do it again ---October 2,3,4

Perhaps we'll lure some of the folks from this board into the Burgmqan Barnyard this time.:rider::lol2:

Back