• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Burgman 650 rider new to the group

First Name
Rick
Last Name
Miller
I have a friend that just bought one the same color as yours. I am going to take him over later this week so he can ride her home.

SwampFox

Forum Supporter
First Name
Lee
:wave: Mrs. SwampFox has a Burgman 650 mated with a Texas Sidecar. Raskal is her primary passenger:

Unfortunately, she's spending the next few months rehabbing a broken leg from a low speed incident
on her Zuma 50 scooter during the 2019 Texas Tiddler Endurance Run.

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Morin
:wave: Mrs. SwampFox has a Burgman 650 mated with a Texas Sidecar. Raskal is her primary passenger:

View attachment 235467

Unfortunately, she's spending the next few months rehabbing a broken leg from a low speed incident
Bummer on the injury. Glad that was all. Very rare to see a Burgman with sidecar. Nice.

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Morin
Welcome from a fellow 650 Executive rider. I have not ridden it extensively because I have 6 other bikes. My Burgman hero rider is Soozie. Her ride report began with 42,000 miles. https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/soozys-50-first-dates-tour-the-ride-report.40810/ Again, welcome.
Thanks a lot for the link. Her ride to Alamogordo was the same route that I took with a few other scooter rats to Cloudcroft the early part of this month.
Lincoln Nat'l Park was beautiful.

First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
Welcome from central Texas. Looks like you camp off the bike? What other motorcycles have you owned in the past? We do that here when we can get loose from the daily grind. Make sure to join in on one of your local meet up or a pie run. Good way to get to know other riders in the TWT family. KP

SL350

Forum Supporter

View attachment 235467

What happened Lee?

And welcome to the forum to the new member. I expect more and more scooter riders on the street and on this forum.

SwampFox

Forum Supporter
First Name
Lee
What happened Lee?....
One of those tricky uphill-right-turn-from-a-stop situationas caught her by surprise. As she initiated her take-off, she looked down for some reason. The scooter did not accelerate as quickly as anticipated, so she twisted the throttle - I should say over-twisted the throttle - while looking down. By the time she looked up, her front tire hit the muffler of my MB5 - at ±10mph, but still under throttle, sending me flying and bringing her to an abrupt stop. Unfortunately, she landing awkwardly, with her upper shin bone, just below the knee pad, hitting the leg shield support, resulting in a tibial plateau fracture. Today marks four weeks post-surgery with no weight on her left leg, with a doctor visit tomorrow to re-assess her rehab plan.