• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Burgman 650 rider new to the group

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Morin
Good afternoon,

New member to this forum. I ride a burgundy 2007 Burgman 650 Executive that I have ridden pretty extensively.

I look forward to learning & sharing information with my fellow Texan riders.

Here is Cranberry loaded up for an extensive trip.

I have a friend that just bought one the same color as yours. I am going to take him over later this week so he can ride her home.

:wave: Mrs. SwampFox has a Burgman 650 mated with a Texas Sidecar. Raskal is her primary passenger:

Unfortunately, she's spending the next few months rehabbing a broken leg from a low speed incident
on her Zuma 50 scooter during the 2019 Texas Tiddler Endurance Run.

:wave: Mrs. SwampFox has a Burgman 650 mated with a Texas Sidecar. Raskal is her primary passenger:

View attachment 235467

Unfortunately, she's spending the next few months rehabbing a broken leg from a low speed incident

Bummer on the injury. Glad that was all. Very rare to see a Burgman with sidecar. Nice.

Welcome from a fellow 650 Executive rider. I have not ridden it extensively because I have 6 other bikes. My Burgman hero rider is Soozie. Her ride report began with 42,000 miles. https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/soozys-50-first-dates-tour-the-ride-report.40810/ Again, welcome.

Thanks a lot for the link. Her ride to Alamogordo was the same route that I took with a few other scooter rats to Cloudcroft the early part of this month.
Lincoln Nat'l Park was beautiful.

Welcome from central Texas. Looks like you camp off the bike? What other motorcycles have you owned in the past? We do that here when we can get loose from the daily grind. Make sure to join in on one of your local meet up or a pie run. Good way to get to know other riders in the TWT family. KP

View attachment 235467

What happened Lee?

And welcome to the forum to the new member. I expect more and more scooter riders on the street and on this forum.

What happened Lee?....

One of those tricky uphill-right-turn-from-a-stop situationas caught her by surprise. As she initiated her take-off, she looked down for some reason. The scooter did not accelerate as quickly as anticipated, so she twisted the throttle - I should say over-twisted the throttle - while looking down. By the time she looked up, her front tire hit the muffler of my MB5 - at ±10mph, but still under throttle, sending me flying and bringing her to an abrupt stop. Unfortunately, she landing awkwardly, with her upper shin bone, just below the knee pad, hitting the leg shield support, resulting in a tibial plateau fracture. Today marks four weeks post-surgery with no weight on her left leg, with a doctor visit tomorrow to re-assess her rehab plan.

Praying for her recovery. Proves you can get hurt even on a 50cc scoot.

Bump for an old thread.
I too am riding my Burgman 650 again. I had it parked for almost a year while I was riding my Triumph Trophy. Now it is resting in my garage at home and I brought the 650 back down with me. In a little nicer weather I usually ride back and forth from Texarkana to north central Illinois several times per year. It is a 725 mile day which it does with ease. For those who eschew calling those real bikes, they probably have not ridden one.

Poking the bear so to speak. Old thread bump again.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Still riding my big burger everyday here in NE Texas. I do have my days when I long for the power and fuel capacity of my Trophy. I also have days that the Burgman just makes much better sense to ride than any other bike. It definitely ain't for everyone but for those who do tempt the fates by not being afraid to publicly ride a scooter, if you are like many of us, you will most likely get the Burgman grin.

Ken, what is the Burgman's fuel capacity?
4 gallons and only a few drops more.. Don't ask me how I know.
The big burger is good for about 160-180 miles to a bag of fuel on an easy trip. I have gotten a best of 218 miles one time but that was purposefully slow and on a calm day. Wick up the speed to highway plus speed and the distance for a tank of fuel goes down to about 140ish with a reserve left over. I check my mileage on every tank and it runs about 47-51 mpg. My Trophy actually gets better mileage on the highway as long as I am not riding for distance.

Your mileage numbers echo mine. If you want some really good mileage take it to the high mountains. Best mileage I ever got was 63 mpg when I was in the mountains of Colorado. That mileage was recorded when I was riding in 10,000+ ft altitudes the whole run.

Yea, it is like almost any motor vehicle. Your wrist or foot as it were makes all the difference in mileage. I haven't had my Burgman at any elevation yet but one day soon I hope to go to mountains higher than what we have in AR and TX. During particularly windy periods I have seen my mileage drop into the really low 40s but those were trips on the big road at Texas highway speeds. It'll do it but you will be stopping often for fuel if you keep it wicked up to run with the fast traffic. How did your bike feel for power at those elevations Buffalo? Years ago I took my old HD up to about 11500. It was before EFI and it did okay. Not bad or certainly not good but it made for a good trip back then. Too ignorant to know better and too young to care much one way or the other.

Could not tell any real difference in performance. The EFI leaned down the mixture to adjust to the thinner air. And that is likely what accounted for the good mileage.

My average is always close to 42 MPG. Wyoming mountains, 42. Texas, 42.

Back