• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Burn your Burger at Brewsters on the 4th

I was trying to map out a ride for before riding to Crew Chief's place, but I realized I know nothing about the west side of the area. I'm in the Lancaster area and was thinking of heading south first, then west, then north west to get to Rendon.

Anyone have any suggestions? certain roads to hit in the morning hours before lunch? Street or gravel. Doesn't matter to me, but I will take a lot of things really slow as I'm really new to non pavement so far.

Welcome to join us:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117803

Will be a fair amount of gravel.

Nothing too exciting but gonna take the long way there. 287 to 917 to 2738 to 1187. Riding 2up.

Anyone is welcome to join me - QT @ 4930 Little Rd. Arlington
KSU at 11:10am

The Dragin Lady hasn't really said anything, but it is obvious that she is not entirely pleased that I scheduled this while she is still recovering from a broken leg. It seems I have not given adequate help to keep the house to her standards. I told her not to worry about it. This is a bunch of people that go out to play in the dirt and mud on purpose.

Thanks for having us over. Was good to see & meet folks.

Really dig your shop and them steel bicycles :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, time got away from me today. I’m on my knees begging your forgiveness for not showing up. I’ll buy your ice cream Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on out we are still here hanging out waiting on you.

A good time was had by all. Thanks Mike for opening your home and grilling.

Now off to the gym to burn that pie I ate off.

Great day with some great people. More later. I'm busy eating leftover grilled cheeses.

Happy 4th of July to all. I'm ready to light up the night, as soon as it gets dark :rider:

Attachments

• fireworks.jpg
    fireworks.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 177
Beth, (the Dragin Lady) and I, have been blessed with a good place to have gatherings of people, and we were pleased to be able to share it with some good folks yesterday. I think we had about 17 folks show up this time. We've had more than 50 bikes here in the past.

We ate a little food and debated the perfect all around motorcycle on the patio:

i-XLvNTgb-M.jpg
i-jh582D6-M.jpg

Then we retired to the shop to re tire a wheel and debated the perfect motorcycle even further:

i-RtJxpPz-M.jpg

Still not having settled the debate we retired to the shade tree to consider the matter further yet:

i-v9rJ7j6-M.jpg

We were really fortunate to have some nice weather, especially for July. There was a decent breeze, a little cloud cover and slightly more moderate temperatures than we had been having. We also were fortunate to have a small bevy of beauties attend:

i-rNRwGp4-M.jpg

A couple of bike photos"

i-PTCLfGC-M.jpg
i-WkdFqHJ-M.jpg

Last edited:
I had a great time, but was very tired and left early. Food was good and so was the location. Thanks again for having all of us over.

Looks like fun.

We did a more local BBQ option with some friends and fireworks.

BTW, all your images are blurred on the right side, like you have something smeared on your lens. Might want to take a Qtip and some alcohol to the lens to see if that helps.

Looks like fun...

Yep. We did have a good time. Thanks for bringing us all together. I told the story this weekend that in 2007 I was tired of climbing over my old broke Yamaha, so I decided to fix it and get rid of it. I turns out I enjoyed riding it again and found this site which taught me a lot and made it more enjoyable yet. In December that year I had the first tech day here.

The bike that was to be sold has now turned into three, and the shop is being reconfigured so that it accommodates motorcycles better because It looks like retirement will have more motorcycling and less woodworking than I thought at one time.

There's a lot of good folks here, but you, Trail Boss, Doty, BeemerlessBob, Rusty, maximus_flavius, Focus Frenzy and others that I'll ashamedly fail to mention, are good at bringing folks together to do things and as a community. I'm not as good at the social stuff as most of you, but we have a good place to do things so I'll throw in when I think I can.

Thanks again and I'll look at that lens.

Linda should get a shout out while I'm typing. She took most of the pictures for me, that's why there's no close up of her, and she helped the Dragin Lady quite a bit who is still recovering from a broken leg. Linda also made some great baked beans. Thanks Linda!

Thanks for the meal Crew Chief.
It was a pleasant experience to see so many local dudes show up.
Enjoyed the whole episode.
Wish I had your barn.
Andre and Gaylen.

Back