• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Buyer beware here! Read this thread before you buy!

Reaction score
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43755&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

Maybe someone could make that clickable. I read all 9 pages of the thread, and, these guys sound shady. Since they do business here in TX, thought you might like to know. Anyone have any personal experiece with this company?? I want a trackbike, and had even looked at this guys site before, but now I'm VERY leery of giving him any of my money.
TR
Brady TX
edit...looks like it's already clickable, cool site Scott!! Really, give this a read.

They have been around for a while, and while I haven't done business with them, I know someone who has. They say they are slow, but follow through. If I was going to buy from them, it would be face-to-face since they are so close.

man that sucks. I feel sorry for those two guys that got screwed. I have friends in collage station and will pass the word.

Howdy,

:tab Just a comment about this kind of thread. I am not going to discuss who was in the right/wrong here. Nor is this directed at anyone in particular. It is just a general comment.

:tab All too often, I see a customer that has unrealistic expectations or something doesn't go exactly the way they think it should, and then they go nuts and start telling everyone they can find how horrible the vendor has been. Personally, I don't much care for this except in extreme cases.

:tab Vendors work very hard to make a good name for themselves. They are human though and they will make mistakes on occasion. How they handle the mistakes is critical to their continued good name. If they refuse to make good, then I think everyone should be warned. But that assumes the customer's idea of "make good" is reasonable. I have seen to many customers that think if the vendor messes up something, that somehow entitles them to get everything for free, or something equally ridiculous. If the vendor does not satisfy these ridiculous expectations, then the customer somehow thinks the vendor has screwed them over. :roll:

:tab As the old saying goes, there are always two sides to the story. With the advent of the internet, email and boards like this one, it is far too easy for a ticked off customer to start "Spreading the word," and they can easily destroy the good name of a business, sometimes even a good business. The business on the other hand really has no effective way to counter unjustified slander. Often I have seen a customer fly off the handle, the business makes good, and then sometime later the customer shows up online and makes a sheepish apology about losing it and how the vendor did do right by them. But this is like newspaper retractions to headline stories. Unlike the original story, they don't get seen by very many people or spread like the original story. However, the damage is still done!

:tab You may feel justified in trying to steer as many people away from them as possible, but there are likely a lot of people on the vendor's side of the equation that will get screwed because of your actions and they had nothing to do with your problem. I am always amazed at what people can do to others without regard to the consequences when the offended party feels "justified"!

:tab The point of all this rambling is that I would ask all of you to carefully consider the situation BEFORE you go online and start railing against any particular vendor. Remember... Patience is a virtue ;-)

Adios,

This isn't the first time I have heard of someone having a bad experience with him. I don't remember the particulars but some people in the Aggie MC had issues with him.

I think the other part of this that is so interesting is how much exposure this received so quickly. I was linked to it by 3 different sites including here. Not quite as popular as the "when men were men" Harley link but wow.
On a positive note, imagine if a positive experience could get such great exposure. Sure would be good free advertising. If people go out of their way to provide good service it can also pay off. Newenough.com is one I think of. Never bought from them, but never heard a single negative comment from several boards about them. Every time someone asks for a recommendation on gear, their name comes up positively. Good attitudes and customer service will pay off in the long run.

inigo montoya said:
I think the other part of this that is so interesting is how much exposure this received so quickly. I was linked to it by 3 different sites including here. Not quite as popular as the "when men were men" Harley link but wow.
On a positive note, imagine if a positive experience could get such great exposure. Sure would be good free advertising. If people go out of their way to provide good service it can also pay off. Newenough.com is one I think of. Never bought from them, but never heard a single negative comment from several boards about them. Every time someone asks for a recommendation on gear, their name comes up positively. Good attitudes and customer service will pay off in the long run.

Totaly agree. I give New Enough.com props every chance I can. Great folks, great service. It's true, that the bad spreads faster and farther, but, like you said, the good goes around too. I make a point to share positive experiences with online and brick and mortar retailers, resteraunts, and shops.
TR
Brady TX

And, speaking of props, here's one for a local home town resteraunt, Hard 8 BBQ in Brady TX.....MMMMMmmmmm

Back