• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Buying a Triumph: Woodlands Premium Motorcycles vs British USA/ Gulf Coast Motorcycles

Reaction score
I am interested in buying a Triumph. I was leaning toward RideNow Austin but they sold what I was interested in. I have visited both Woodlands Premium and Gulf Coast but I'm not sure. I haven't discussed anything seriously with either. What is your purchase experience with either (or both)? Did they work with you on price? What was your overall experience?

Woodlands is TERRIBLE. See my thread for more details. i'm not the only one with problems.

Woodlands is TERRIBLE. See my thread for more details. i'm not the only one with problems.

I just looked at your thread. Is there any difference between the BMW side and the Triumph side? It looks like @woodsguy has had pretty good luck with them.

Do either (both) charge for setup and freight or is it negotiable? There are discounts on Triumph motorcycles right now. I missed out on RideNow Austin. I'm wondering if these guys will offer deals as good as RideNow.

@asinop reported in another thread that the Triumph salesperson, Kathryn, has left. I guess she left right after I spoke with her...

The problems with Woodlands are their back office that handles all sales, not the sales or service folks.

The problems with Woodlands are their back office that handles all sales, not the sales or service folks.
So you have to sort it out with the finance guy? Make sure they dont' scr*w you over?

Would you recommend them? Did you get a good deal? Were you able to haggle a bit?

Last edited:
Iron supply Katy Texas is where I bought two Triumphs . 900 GT , and Tiger 1200 in the last 6 months . See Ed in sales , and Jason is the Owner . Both down to earth , and easy to work with . Friendly staff , and pretty ladies there too .

Skip both and get it from Eurosport Cycle in Ft. Worth.

Real mom and pop shop, really good folks to deal with.

They have what I want (or what I think I want ;) ). Do they work with you on the OTD price? Do they waive freight and/ or set up?

The deal was fine. It took me a looooong time to get license plates and title. They lied at every turn about the paperwork, title, license plates, etc... I would still be waiting if I had not made friends with the nice lady at the tax office who told me what they were doing.

Iron supply Katy Texas is where I bought two Triumphs . 900 GT , and Tiger 1200 in the last 6 months . See Ed in sales , and Jason is the Owner . Both down to earth , and easy to work with . Friendly staff , and pretty ladies there too .
They don't have what I want...

Hate to revive a month old thread, But i just wanted to voice my opinions for Triumph dealers. My personal favorite is drive the extra drive and go to Iron Supply Powersports. I just had some warranty stuff done by them and it was the best dealer experience i've had, hands down!! DO NOT do business with Gulf Coast BMW/British USA. That is where I traded in my KTM 690 Enduro R and got my 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. Their price was fair, and they had what i wanted BUTTTTTTT they were kind of pushy and the post sale experience was horrific. TWO MONTHS after i traded in my KTM they still hadn't paid off my loan through my lender, they only made like two $100 payments or so which made it delinquent, causing the bank to call me and ask me why I haven't been paying my motorcycle note. So they were financing their inventory with MY CREDIT and making me look bad at that. Within 24 hours of me threatening a lawyer on their ***, it was paid off, but I wont step a foot back in that place.

The deal was fine. It took me a looooong time to get license plates and title. They lied at every turn about the paperwork, title, license plates, etc... I would still be waiting if I had not made friends with the nice lady at the tax office who told me what they were doing.
My BMW title took 9 months to get. The owners wife made it sound like she was doing me a favor by doing her job. She also started crying when a friend went there and started to negotiate a price on an Indian. Nice folks, just weird

Skip both and get it from Eurosport Cycle in Ft. Worth.

Real mom and pop shop, really good folks to deal with.
I agree with Jarrett. Been dealing with the owners (Tony and Martha) for years now and they have always been great.

Based on my BMW buying experience with Woodlands and Gulf Coast/British USA (bought at Gulf Coast, got the bike titling/license plate scam) and some nonsense at both dealers’ parts counters, I’ll never set foot in either business again.

A friend paraphrased an article about the high degree of customer dissatisfaction with the retail motorcycle world: “consumer dissatisfaction with the auto industry is about the cars: consumer dissatisfaction with the motorcycle industry is about the dealers”.

I would highly recommend you check out Iron Supply over in Katy. Very nice people.

A friend was so unhappy with B USA service dept. that he pulled his Rocket out after they had had it for several weeks.

I would highly recommend you check out Iron Supply over in Katy. Very nice people.
I wasn't overly impressed with Iron Supply. It took weeks to agree to a price. When they sent me paperwork, it was for a demo model. The other identical bike had been "sold". When I told them the deal was off, they magically found the "sold" unit with 0 miles. Then they sent me home across town with less than 16 psi (hot) in the front tire, and around 25 in the rear. If they can't be trusted to check the most basic stuff, I'll pass next go around.

Attachments

• 20200724_173619.jpg
    20200724_173619.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 146
I guess it just goes to show that buyer beware if you really want a Triumph. Or any other bike, because almost every dealer that anyone mentions favorably is one that another person has had a poor experience with.

People dealing with people presents so many variables that not everybody is going to have the same experience. At some point the owners (or prospective owners) are just going to have to do their own best deal and not pay too much particular attention to others' experiences. Which makes this whole discussion rather futile.

Exactly on point. I do my best to honest and upfront while trying to provide good customer service, but sometimes the customer isn't happy no matter what you do.

Back