• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

C&C - Spring Robin

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Spring is in the air..... Robins have invaded my back yard.

Close to 100% crop. C&C welcomed. Yes you may edit my pic.

788301135_7oeRJ-XL.png

788301409_HdXJB-L.jpg

I like it....

The focal point almost seems to be just behind the birds head. His eye seems a bit fuzzy, but the leaves just behind on top/bottom seem OK. I also think shooting anything at 3:01pm is tough with harsh sunlight.

I guess I'd try to kill some of the harshness and see where that takes me.

What are you using to get the EXIF info?

Thanks for the comments.

I am still learning this Sigma Lens. I seem to be able to get stationary objects into ok focus, but birds and deer are really trying my patience. I cranked up the iso today so I could get a 1/1000 or greater SS, but even still, some are motion blurred / out of focus. I did switch to manual focus for some shots, but I couldn't keep up with them as they hopped/flew from branch to branch.

I processed todays batch of photos using the newly released Apeture 3, that is where I got the EXIF/Metadata from.

788407674_N5ntN-L.png

Focus point is illustrated on this pic, pretty much center mass. (Only including because I think its cool that Aperture 3 lets you see which AF point you used).

788412580_atsCT-L.png

Last edited:
what scott said.
the blur lower left is distracting to me--i'd try cropping it out.

Good catch with the berry in the beak! Aside from the bird being soft the image looks a bit washed out and low on contrast which is easily fixed. Crop out the distracting foliage and you're good.

Back