• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Calling out the Lurkers and New folks!

Regardless of what Scott and Matt have to say, the Connie cannot be compared to something such as the Sprint ST. After all, the Connie does not have the ABS option. It does not handle as well. It's not as pretty as the Sprint. It's OLD technology compared to the Sprint. Hmmm.... what am I saying?! :scratch :)

Oh! Yeah. The Connie has shaft vs chain, a big plus in my book. Old technology, but VERY reliable. There are Connies on the street today with over 150K miles on them. A riding bubble second only to the Gold Wing in terms of rider protection from the elements. A larger fuel capacity. A fanatical owner base with an outstanding support group www.concours.org . An farkle aftermarket second again only to the Wing, led by Murph himself... www.murphskits.org . A widespread dealer organization (if that's important to you). etc, etc, etc.

There's bigger and better bikes out there, and yes the Sprint is one of them, but nothing touches the Connie when it comes to bang for your buck. If I had the money I'd probably be on an FJR, but the subtle differences are not enough (for me) to justify the extra cash. Heck, I'd ride a Wing if I could afford one. I like the sport couch.

- Lurker ? a Lurker? Humm, <quick check of activity> .... only one post to date. Guess that would be me <grin>

- Current ride is an '03 K1200RS purchased in May after a 20 some yr sabbatical off the streets. Did 5 days in Co this spring and have beat about every two lane from Houston to Matagorada to Austin to Hunstville to Lake Charles so far with it. Usually only get to ride on Sunday mornings.

- Also, regularly do the Observered Trials thing around the State and have a '99 Montesa and a '76 Bultaco Sherpa-T for AHRMA Vintage events.

- There now, as quick as I press send, Ive doubled my post count! Hope to catch a run/event with you soon.

- ebill
houston, tx

Welcome ebill I rode some trials in the 70's , STTA TRH and the state series in 74 , a 70 Sherpa , 72 Penton trials sure liked the handeling it just wouldn'd climb hills, Then a honda 250 TL .It made a great trail bike but was too heavy for competition. Now everything I ride has too have a big comfortable seat , strange how your prioritys change as time goes by. SEYA

Re: Guilty as Charged

bushwhacker said:
The Triumph truck is coming to Houston and will be at the two dealers here on the 19th and the 26th of November w/18 demo bikes.

You should call Lone Star BMW and see if/when it will be in Austin.

-

I am scared to see a Scrambler in person. I am afraid my credit card might spontaneously leap out of my pocket and sacrifice itself as a deposit. Think the wife would believe that?

Texas T said:
Great photos. I do have to ask about the chicken wire wrapped around the dualie? :scratch

Ah, yes,`the chicken wire.

17791889-S.jpg
17791888-S.jpg

That was at the start of a hike up Kootenay Glacier in BC. The park entrance has a big sign that says, "Beware of Porcupines!" I thought it was a silly Canadian joke but, apparently, the porcupines like to gnaw on things like vacuum hoses and brake lines. Things can be occasionally bizarre in Canada. Friendly and beautiful but bizarre. But, if you can avoid the porcupines with big, hairy teeth you get to ride on roads like this:

32299285-S.jpg
32299274-S-1.jpg

mjacks said:
Hello everyone,

I am currently planning a 30th birthday ride for sometime in the next few weeks out to the hill country (337, 336, 335, 1431, LCR, etc.). My longest day so far has been around 400 miles and the trip is up to around 750 miles so I am leaving the plan open ended in case I need to change things up based on my endurance. Anyone have any suggestions or might want to tag along?

just when "mjacks" I have the rest of the year off so when are you going?

Last edited:
I am an official lurker that enjoyes reading posts, particularly those about the group rides . . . . and with some sort of 'envy'.
I ride a '04 SV650 usually by myself.

Camilo - Katy, Tx

cdc said:
I am an official lurker that enjoyes reading posts, particularly those about the group rides . . . . and with some sort of 'envy'.
I ride a '04 SV650 usually by myself.

Camilo - Katy, Tx
Camilo, you don't need any sort of special invite to ride with the groups, just show up. Open to one and all.

I am conspicously lurking(?) Been reading for awhile even posted a few times and sent some PM's. Thanks to GeorgiaPeach by the way!

I've been in Tx for 15 months (The Colony).

Have a 2001 DRZ400S that I love to flog in the mountains (I'm from Vancouver BC, DooooH). Now running in street trim on the superslab.

Have a 1986 RG500WW Gamma that I toy with selling when I start craving a GS beemer or maybe a Rex. My wife has me on a strict 2 bike diet.

I work funny shifts, and have a young family soooo haven't made coffee in Plano yet. Next week right? :chug:

The porcupine thing is new to me never heard that one, maybe we just told the tourists? But ya had to go and show pictures like that, now I'm going to cry.

Last edited:
Lurkers are people too.

Jeff
just sold my 91 Venture and now, let the shopping begin!

Well, I sort of jump in with both feet. Mark and I attended one of the PO nights right before I bought the DRZ. Then I had the nerve to ask total strangers to help me put on my kouba links...the nerve! Even though I still haven't met the white knights who actually volunteered to come over, pick up the bike and deliver it for me to the tech session, you will never know how much I appreciated the offers (Brian & Rebecca) and look forward to meeting you both as well. I am definitely planning to attend the demo ride at Polaris West on Nov. 19th. Maybe I will see some of you there. Also, we are planning to go to the Bike Show the weekend of the 11th. My main ride is a cruiser but my brain wants a sport tourer, just can't find one that fits...yet.
Thanks, Georgia

2003 VTXS, 2005 DRZ400S

(edit: dang... I can't believe I'm up to 43 posts!)

Last edited:
Thanks Brian, I will show up on one of these rides.
Camilo

Bluedevil said:
just when "mjacks" I have the rest of the year off so when are you going?

I am thinking that I will probably make the trip sometime in the next few weeks. I haven't decided if it will be an overnighter or just an all day trip.

Thanks for the invite!
I picked up my bike about 2 months ago and have already put 4000 miles on her. Most recently a trip to Bandera with the Houston & DFW V-Max groups.

Hope meet and ride with a bunch of ya'll!
I will swing in to the meet & greet at Shoemakers (15th.St, Plano) maybe as earlier as this Thursday!

:tab Hey Bluedevil, where do you live in Huntsville? We are over by Gibbs Elementary. Surely I have met you :scratch

:tab Good to hear from all of the rest of you. One thing about posting, even if you think you have nothing to contribute, it let's other folks know you are out there, espeically if you fill out the location in your profile. This makes it easier for someone to get up the gumption to organize things in your area like bike nights, rides, etc,... ;-)

OK I'm not really a Lurker anymore but never got around to introducing myself. So:
Names Carl My wife is Marie, We own Fugitive Recovery Service(Bail Enforcement and Lien recovery) She works part time at StarBucks. We Live in Midland/Odessa. Non drinkers, Christian, Been Together about 5 years we both roadrace 50cc's although we have'nt raced in the last 2 years. We both like sportbikes or anything else on two wheels for that matter(Never rode a bike I did'nt like!)We have STABLE of bikes, ready here we go
1996 GSXR-750 SRAD (mine)
1997 GSXR-600 SRAD Project (hers)
1983 Suzuki 1100 Katana DragBike
3 Yamaha YSR-50's
1 Yamaha YSR/CR80 project
1 Yamaha RD 80/50
1 & 1/2 Kawasaki AR-80s
1 Dandy Pocket bike ( first pocketbike from the 80's)
1 Japanese Agiano Pocketbike(37 mph on GPS!!)
1 Famous James project (For sale Cheap)
Spread the fellowship, teach the Noobs, Show the Blind, and ride it like you stole it!
SRADkneedragger

I'm a lurker.I don't really know why I don't post here.I have a 1985 Goldwing Interstate.I post some on the GWRRA board but not much.Most of the people on that board are far away.I should try to post here more often and maybe meet some of you guys.I live in Wichita Falls.Anybody near here?

Welcome lurkers.....

Although I haven't been on this forum very long I find everyone to be extremely helpful and sooo friendly. :)

Tourmeister ......... yes we have met, I been to the Kings rest more than once but not the last 2 weeks (been on trip west). I will be there this thur night. I don't live in Huntsville, but my address is a Huntsville one, I live closer to New Waverly. I have met you your wife and most important your daughter.

Agghh... okay. Now that I see your real name I remember ;-)

Well I posted an introduction when I signed in & every one seemed cool. Dont know why I dont post much though. I hope one day to make it to a bike night to meet some people. It seems like most people are north of me so Maybe I can shoot out to Magnolia after work on a Thursday on day & meet a few of you.

Or get a bike night going in your area :-P

Yeah thats a thought ! There are a lot of bikes in my area & I know a whole bunch of them since I have lived there all my life. I like meeting new people & going new places.

Back