• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Camel ADV 1X90 Camel 1.5 gallon Aux Fuel Tank

Reaction score

NEW IN THE BOX ... Camel ADV aux fuel tank will work with KTM 1050/1090/1190/1290 ADV bikes. I purchased several months ago only to find out that the used bike I bought didnt have the pannier racks that work with this aux fuel system. I was stuck with either spending a bunch of money for new pannier racks OR just letting this go to someone who has the recommended pannier systems. This system is amazing (google for reviews) ... automatically feeds into the gas tank without the use of a pump. Brilliant design - I just dont want to take off my existing panniers and buy another set.

The Camel tank for KTM has been out of stock for at least the past four months and Camel says they dont know when they are coming back into stock. I paid $430 plus shipping etc ... will sell for $400 - you pay to ship from 92629.

from the Camel ADV website:

CT-1X90 Fits With These Pannier Systems:
  • Bumot
  • Touratech Zega panniers
  • SW Motech
  • Holan*
  • Brooks AutoSports

Features:
  • Holds 6 litres/1.5 gallons
  • Fuel is automatically transferred from the auxiliary tank to the main tank
  • Keeps fuel weight low and close to the bikes center line
  • Leaves your rear rack free for a top box or duffle bag
  • Includes tethered fuel cap

Great system, I use it on my 1290 and works flawlessly. I'm curious what pannier racks/bags did this not work with?

KTM Powerparts circa 2018. Camel ADV told me that I needed to use one of the recommended from their site. I have the parts new in box … Camel will not take as a return.

if you have had a different experience with KTM pannier racks do tell … I would love to use the system

KTM Powerparts circa 2018. Camel ADV told me that I needed to use one of the recommended from their site. I have the parts new in box … Camel will not take as a return.

if you have had a different experience with KTM pannier racks do tell … I would love to use the system
The touratech racks are nearly identical to the KTM ones. I have the power parts pannier racks and the camel adv tank on my 18 1290 SAS.

Interesting… I actually contacted Camel twice about this issue and they were adamant that the tank would not work with the KTM racks. I didn’t even try as I didn’t want the parts to be “used” if I went to sell. Maybe I’ll have to give it a try?

Might as well try. I'm the reason the website lists the Brooks racks. It wasn't on there before and they told me they might not work. It all worked fine, and I emailed the owner of Camel. After that he added Brooks.

Might as well try. I'm the reason the website lists the Brooks racks. It wasn't on there before and they told me they might not work. It all worked fine, and I emailed the owner of Camel. After that he added Brooks.
Screenshot_20210710-110333.jpg
here is a photo - YMMV

Back