• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Camping for Dec. 7 Saturday for Sissys Saddle shop

This is NO ADVENTURE. I'm in Rockdale, which is almost there, and tire chains are still in the bag.( as in not needed) Also, no rain since before I left the house.
Well, the Color of the Fall leaves are still geogus.
I'll have the tea kettle on shortly and it won't take but a couple of minutes for that cup of coffee. Wish you were here. Oh KP, I brought several tarps and eight foot tee posts so we can construct a wind break if necessary. Hope YOU can make it.

This is NO ADVENTURE. I'm in Rockdale, which is almost there, and tire chains are still in the bag.( as in not needed) Also, no rain since before I left the house. No wind either.
Well, the Color of the Fall leaves are still geogus.
I'll have the tea kettle on shortly and it won't take but a couple of minutes for that cup of coffee. Wish you were here. Oh KP, I brought several tarps and eight foot tee posts so we can construct a wind break if necessary. Hope YOU can make it.

Stuck at work right now,but will be there for sure Saturday. Trying to go to daves BBQ event in Taylor Saturday morning then to camp from there. Think the roads will be iced over by the time I get loaded up tonight so the morning will be safer. My night vision ain't what it used to be.:cool2: Do I need to bring any wood or you got that covered?

I have half a truck bed full of wood. Unless we go crazy with the fire, we should be good.

Trying to see if I can get one of my tribe to come with me to camp. Might be the only one crazy enough to go. Let me know if you need anything extra while you are there and I will bring it. Have my 60 inch plasma tv,jacuzzi,ratheon microwave and zeppelin ready to go.

Well idk if I'll make it gotta work tomorrow and bike is still not fixed. Dame it I need a new job anybody hiring?

Maybe both. They say we working from 6-6:30 so all day then I'll be to tired for anything.

I'm about 100 miles North of Taylor/Cameron. We had a sleet storm pass through last night that didn't end until this morning. Everything is coated in several inches of packed sleet including the cars. The high Saturday will be 28 and Sunday morning low will be 23. I'm just not up to driving on slick roads. I hope you campers have a great time and enjoy the fresh air.

KP, I won't be at Sissy's Sunday morning. I've already had a few adventures driving in ice and I'm not going to risk another one. Sorry, the bad roads outweigh the good company and food.

Robert

Hardy called and said to post that he is in site #24. He said since not very many are coming, you might want to trade the group site for a couple of regular sites next to him. He said the group site has a couple of electric hookups but no place for aluminum tents on wheels and the fire is burning at his site which is not real close to the group site. His site was $9 a night.

Steve

Hardy called and said to post that he is in site #24. He said since not very many are coming, you might want to trade the group site for a couple of regular sites next to him. He said the group site has a couple of electric hookups but no place for aluminum tents on wheels and the fire is burning at his site which is not real close to the group site. His site was $9 a night.

Steve

That might be a good idea but I already paid for the group site a few weeks ago. I will check with the office and see what they might be able to do once I arrive Saturday after BBQ in Taylor. Looks like nine still but who knows for sure. We will be redoing this camp out next year also. Maybe March??? KP

That might be a good idea but I already paid for the group site a few weeks ago. I will check with the office and see what they might be able to do once I arrive Saturday after BBQ in Taylor. Looks like nine still but who knows for sure. We will be redoing this camp out next year also. Maybe March??? KP

if you have to eat the group site $$, i'm in for my share

BUTT, i'm headed for the fire, w/ my aluminum tent, in tow

if ghost isn't joining us, can you just delete the roast beast, making it easier on sissy?

just a thought

sw

if you have to eat the group site $$, i'm in for my share

BUTT, i'm headed for the fire, w/ my aluminum tent, in tow

if ghost isn't joining us, can you just delete the roast beast, making it easier on sissy?

just a thought

sw

Mr2mch wanted roast also. Have not heard from ghost yet. Worse comes to worse some of us can camp at the group site but hang with hardy and you till it is time to hit the hay. Did not know that campers would not fit at the group site. Planned on fifteen or twenty showing up. Mother nature had other plans. KP

Mr2mch wanted roast also. Have not heard from ghost yet. Worse comes to worse some of us can camp at the group site but hang with hardy and you till it is time to hit the hay. Did not know that campers would not fit at the group site. Planned on fifteen or twenty showing up. Mother nature had other plans. KP

I'll be fine with whatever Sissy serves up...... It'll be great I'm sure.

...........ya kno........the whetherdudes R lettin up a bit on Sunday's 4cast...?

as of this time, common sense & caution are taking me out of the campout

roadways are a CLUSTER...... and the temp is 17º w/ windchill of 3º

semi's have been stuck in the ft worth mixmaster since yesterday, making travel more than just sporty

no thawing predicted for today

hopefully i can get to sissy's tomorrow

i'll have to get up early & make a decision

sorry folks, i really was needing a campfire w/ friends

i still need some of that CHICKEN...

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

sw

Nice and cozy inside the toy hauler. Bring you're water as the faucets are frozen. I do have some extra water is needed.

Y'all should qualify for this one...

pbear.jpg

Back