• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Camping Friday night at Aaron’s place in Olney Friday night Oct 5

hmmmm ... Is this a big bike thing?
Dual sport thing?
How much pavement?
How long of a ride?

If there is still room, I was thinking of dragging along mini-me in order to get some seat time.

Welllllll, I am on an Africa Twin, Aaron is on a Tenere.....so it will be big bike friendly and fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mini-me is a 500 EXC ... she'd be breathing hard to keep up.

Might go to Walnut Springs friday.

Anyone heading up from austin area on Friday? Probably gonna head to Big Bend but may head this way if tempted sufficiently.

Welllllll, I am on an Africa Twin, Aaron is on a Tenere.....so it will be big bike friendly and fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thats what I get for dropping out for a couple years. Aaron ditched the Triumph for a Tenere. Good move... great move..

Mini-me is a 500 EXC ... she'd be breathing hard to keep up.

Might go to Walnut Springs friday.

I'd suggest your Super Adventure would be the better tool for this ride....

Then again....I know you're itching for some seat time on that KTM....so go for it.

I still say we need to head to Red River....

Me...I'm going to go to Aggieland for parents weekend and ridiculously priced hotels. Yall have fun riding and camping....

I'd suggest your Super Adventure would be the better tool for this ride....

Then again....I know you're itching for some seat time on that KTM....so go for it.

I still say we need to head to Red River....

Me...I'm going to go to Aggieland for parents weekend and ridiculously priced hotels. Yall have fun riding and camping....

Such a crack dealer you are ...

SA ... don't think so.

I was giving serious thought to trailering mini-me and riding ... for a while, anyway.

I thought I should swap over to the knobbies ... hmmm ... 50T sprocket was too big. 48T ordered.

The shinko shod wheels are 45T, but too much street tire

Last edited:
Picked up my own mini me last week...

Mini Duke though...
f5be705184b7b1bb25f297871dae9bc5.jpg

Such a crack dealer you are ...

SA ... don't think so.

I was giving serious thought to trailering mini-me and riding ... for a while, anyway.

I thought I should swap over to the knobbies ... hmmm ... 50T sprocket was too big. 48T ordered.

The shinko shod wheels are 45T, but too much street tire
45T on the 500 EXC? You planning on doing SuMo with it?

You should stay away from Doug's influence. Dirt bikes need power gearing... :)

Last edited:
45T on the 500 EXC? You planning on doing SuMo with it?

You should stay away from Doug's influence. Dirt bikes need power gearing... :)

Trying not to zing the motor at 65 mph.

45T is stock gearing. 50T feels great in the slow stuff.

2WheelNut; Me...I'm going to go to Aggieland for parents weekend and ridiculously priced hotels. Yall have fun riding and camping....[/QUOTE said:
Dave, we will be there Saturday night, our last parents weekend. Look for me, I will be in the gray pickup :)

I may meet you there ... can't ride Saturday ... grand baby plans it appears.

So I’m thinkin breakfast at the Smokestack @ 9am Saturday mornin. Then ridin south.

If the weather was looking better, I'd ride out and meet for breakfast, but I've had my fill of riding through thunderstorms for a few weeks.

Dave, we will be there Saturday night, our last parents weekend. Look for me, I will be in the gray pickup :)
Lol. I'm sure you'll stand out. We'll be the ones wearing overpriced Aggie fan clothes. You can't miss us.

Back