• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Camping hammock recommendations?

Cool video. Lots of folks talk about ADV riding and moto camping, but you actually do it. Good stuff.

How many miles on the AT to date?

Dang it! You just cost me $350! I have a great setup, except for this. I've seen other systems, but they are too bulky and too heavy. Ugggh, just when ya think your gear buying is complete. lol
Here's a great vid of the system and setup:

In all seriousness, thanks for this recommendation. This looks awesome.

Update: I got my Tensa4 stand and I LOVE IT! I did get the tarp extensions because I want to be able to have my tarp even if I don't have trees [which is one reason to have the stand]. The Tensa4 is amazing, gives all the mobility you need by being compact, lightweight and very functional. If that were not enough, you can count on amazing [seriously, AMAZING] customer support from Tensa. They are incredible.

As far as a hammock, I absolutely LOVE my Dutchware Chameleon [2 layer wide] hammock. The people at Dutchware are fantastic and go the extra extra mile to make sure you have what you need, while at the same time, helping to make sure you don't buy stuff you do NOT need. They're great, and are more interested in people having a great hammock and hammock experience than soaking you for money. I can't recommend the Chameleon highly enough.

Get out there...hang out a while. You'll love it and it'll do your soul some good.

I think the Dutchware is more in my price range so I will defineitly consider them. The Tensa 4 is where I have to save up a little.

Update: I got my Tensa4 stand and I LOVE IT! I did get the tarp extensions because I want to be able to have my tarp even if I don't have trees [which is one reason to have the stand]. The Tensa4 is amazing, gives all the mobility you need by being compact, lightweight and very functional. If that were not enough, you can count on amazing [seriously, AMAZING] customer support from Tensa. They are incredible.

As far as a hammock, I absolutely LOVE my Dutchware Chameleon [2 layer wide] hammock. The people at Dutchware are fantastic and go the extra extra mile to make sure you have what you need, while at the same time, helping to make sure you don't buy stuff you do NOT need. They're great, and are more interested in people having a great hammock and hammock experience than soaking you for money. I can't recommend the Chameleon highly enough.

Get out there...hang out a while. You'll love it and it'll do your soul some good.

Sounds like we have a new Tensa disciple [emoji23]. It is sooooo nice not worrying about the next campsite.

I carry a camp chair, I haven’t used it in a year and a half. The hammock has replaced the chair, because I can hang near the fire [emoji91]

Dutchgear is crack to a hammock camper. I think I have most of his cool little hardware pieces [emoji1312]

Sounds like we have a new Tensa disciple [emoji23]. It is sooooo nice not worrying about the next campsite.

I carry a camp chair, I haven’t used it in a year and a half. The hammock has replaced the chair, because I can hang near the fire [emoji91]

Dutchgear is crack to a hammock camper. I think I have most of his cool little hardware pieces [emoji1312]
It is worse than crack! Good lord, I need 7 of everything! And, the people there are just amazing. If you need anything, give them a call and tell Carolyn that Crash and I said hello.
And yes, the Tensa is a game changer. I'm glad I went ahead and got it. I have a goal of sleeping in my hammock on a beach somewhere, and now I have the right gear to do that with. I got it so I wouldn't have any issues camping in National Parks when I go visiting this year.
My bike group is taking a trip to the Ozarks in May, and I'll be taking my gear with me. We have a place to stay, but I want to enjoy the bike camping phenomenon. I'll also be at Harvest Classic in Luckenbach coming up in Oct, so I'll be taking it out there. Good times ahead.

Stay safe out there...

Oh man I never should have clicked on this thread, my wife now thinks so too!!!

So, I found my Hennessey to be a bit too claustrophobic for me. Ended up selling it and going back to sleeping on the ground, not as comfortable but no waking up in a panic attack. Just stumbled across this on youtube. Interesting concept, but wow does it take up a lot of space when packed. I'd like to try it though.

So, I found my Hennessey to be a bit too claustrophobic for me. Ended up selling it and going back to sleeping on the ground, not as comfortable but no waking up in a panic attack. Just stumbled across this on youtube. Interesting concept, but wow does it take up a lot of space when packed. I'd like to try it though.

Years ago I had to switch to the xl Hennessey. If a person is close to 6’ the regular is a little tight for a flat lay.

Back