• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CAMPOUT February. Meet & greet weekend

I am out for camping. I have to work that night. I am still going to try to make the food meet & greet Sunday.

Bummer Brad!
Well, hope to see ya at Pepperbelly's and maybe time for a little fun riding before ya head back.

Good Morning Camilo

Black-Bear-in-Tent-300x246_zps24dade09.jpg

Do bears carry seed ticks?

No known reports that I read about. Bears generally carry a species of tick called Ixodes scapularis aka the Bear Tick.

Seed ticks drop out of trees and crawl on tents. They are easily recognized by their red color, small size and taking little effort to mash. They have also been known to cause great hysteria to campers. We are fortunate in that a member of our last camping group to Robinson Park took it upon himself question park authorities about the existence of the menacing seed tick. They assured us that they were no longer of concern since the fire ants took over.

I was just reminded that stepdaughter's birthday is that weekend. Probably be best if I stayed close to home. Take pics

Sent from Cheyenne Mountain to confuse the NSA

I am hoping to make it for Saturday night (hammock) camping.

I thought as Im off on Thursday Ill prolly travel down an put up camp on Thursday afternoon al others wanting to make a long weekend are welcome to join

Shovel are you coming to eat with us on Sunday in San Saba?

IF YOUR CAMPING AND EATING ALSO PLEASE POST UP ON THE M@G THREAD SO I CAN LET THE LADIES KNOW HOW MANY CHOW HOUNDS TO EXPECT!!! THANKS.

The Saturday night weather forecast for Llano isn't in my comfort zone: a low of 26 with a 12 mph wind (Real Feel 14) and gusts to 30 mph. The wind is a deciding factor. No use trying to have a fire with high winds. We are entering a windy time of year but cold winds I will avoid if possible. So, unless the forecast changes to less wind, I'm out for camping.

Robert

I am waiting and watching the weather. I really, really would like to camp,,,,,,, but we'll see. It also depends who else shows up for camping. ( lousy weather or not)

Yeah, I was enthusiastic at first - looking forward to an opportunity to try camping with my Mini Mate and to meet some folks but Weather Underground is still forecasting about a 60% chance of precipitation Friday and still forecasting ice pellets.

Local weather guessers are predicting snow here on the south plains tomorrow.

Hardy, if this camping weekend doesn't survive the weather how about scheduling another one in March? Will it be too windy in March?

I am waiting and watching the weather. I really, really would like to camp,,,,,,, but we'll see. It also depends who else shows up for camping. ( lousy weather or not)

I'm in for camping if that helps you decide one way or the other. Just picked up a new tent and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Shovel are you coming to eat with us on Sunday in San Saba?

IF YOUR CAMPING AND EATING ALSO PLEASE POST UP ON THE M@G THREAD SO I CAN LET THE LADIES KNOW HOW MANY CHOW HOUNDS TO EXPECT!!! THANKS.

I have to be back home to sleep for work Sunday night so unlikely.

add a possible. will probably camp but if to cold will not ride.
tenters may think about camping in the rv section and bring an electric blanket and an extension cord.

And I am definitely going, if it makes a diference to anybody. Weather sounds just fine for a night in bed in the Kwik Kamp with a heater and some moonshine. Might even read a good book if no one else shows.;-)

Even though I REALLY want to ride there and try out my new camper, I could bring my toy hauler ( maybe Thursday), and bring my above the ground fire "pit" and firewood. We'll see.

Even though I REALLY want to ride there and try out my new camper, I could bring my toy hauler ( maybe Thursday), and bring my above the ground fire "pit" and firewood. We'll see.

It would be interesting to see the new toy I hear you and Steve bought . . . .

:trust:

You guys are brave to camp out in LLano when it is the middle of winter, especially this winter. Here's hoping for good camping/riding weather.

Back