• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Campout (freezeout) Gathering (Jan 25-26)

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires

This event is in conjunction with the Hico Pie Run.

When: Jan 25-Jan 26
Where: Casa Del Saint
557 Rivercrest Rd
Valley Mills, TX

We didn’t have our traditional Thanksgiving Gathering, so consider this a late Friendsgiving. We had some squatters occupying our house, but we have moved back in and we would welcome our TWT family to come join us.

We have plenty of room to pitch a tent or park your trailer. Plus we have room to camp inside, but Thee Saint asks that you don’t put any tent stakes in our living room floor, but plenty of room to lay down your bedroll and escape the cold.

If you bring a trailer, be aware that we have limited service and will not be able to support electric heaters but enough juice to power lights, etc. So if it’s cold, bring propane heaters or warm bed gear.

There will, of course, be a fire pit to gather around and visit.

We will light the grill for simple foods like sausage, hotdogs, etc for Friday night. After breakfast we will head to Hico for lunch and pie. Afterward, some may wish to head home, some may explore the backroads of Bosque county (Mr2much to the White courtesy phone please) but the festivities will continue that afternoon and evening at Casa Del Saint.

Any of you chefs out there that want to bring something more exciting than hotdogs, please feel free. Also, BYOB!

All are welcomed.

So, what say you?

ACCESS!

Our property is now fenced with a gate. I will try to leave open when I think folks are coming, but if you come and the gate is closed, go to the keypad and enter
1020#
The gate will remain open until you enter the same code again. You cannot access the keypad from your vehicle, you will need to disembark from your vehicle to open, drive through, then go back to keypad to close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Added to the TWT calendar and RSVP setup for the thread.

This event is in conjunction with the Hico Pie Run.

When: Jan 25-Jan 26
Where: Casa Del Saint
557 Rivercrest Rd
Valley Mills, TX

We didn’t have our traditional Thanksgiving Gathering, so consider this a late Friendsgiving. We had some squatters occupying our house, but we have moved back in and we would welcome our TWT family to come join us.

We have plenty of room to pitch a tent or park your trailer. Plus we have room to camp inside, but Thee Saint asks that you don’t put any tent stakes in our living room floor, but plenty of room to lay down your bedroll and escape the cold.

If you bring a trailer, be aware that we have limited service and will not be able to support electric heaters but enough juice to power lights, etc. So if it’s cold, bring propane heaters or warm bed gear.

There will, of course, be a fire pit to gather around and visit.

We will light the grill for simple foods like sausage, hotdogs, etc for Friday night. After breakfast we will head to Hico for lunch and pie. Afterward, some may wish to head home, some may explore the backroads of Bosque county (Mr2much to the White courtesy phone please) but the festivities will continue that afternoon and evening at Casa Del Saint.

Any of you chefs out there that want to bring something more exciting than hotdogs, please feel free. Also, BYOB!

All are welcomed.

So, what say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes.
May I sleep in the garage, my own cot and bag. By my self , don't want to schlep the whole tent thing with.

Oh, new forum style.

Yes, if I may sleep in the garage with my cot and sleeping bag. Be by my self so don't want to drag all the gear with.

Bob,

Actually camping in Kerville and planning on riding 3-sisters on Saturday.

Try again...

Attachments

• 56860820045__2755FBB0-7778-40DA-8931-638B73AEA669.JPG
    56860820045__2755FBB0-7778-40DA-8931-638B73AEA669.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 248
Im hopin the weather will be as nice as it was this last Thurs slacking at Graford for lunch. If so...I'll definately be on a bike ..but either way...I'll drop by for a visit

Crazy dog wants to go too

Me & Steph & van

Attachments

• B88ECDD1-0E26-4BB5-A6B2-3462A7CA787D.jpeg
    B88ECDD1-0E26-4BB5-A6B2-3462A7CA787D.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 246
ACCESS!

Our property is now fenced with a gate. I will try to leave open when I think folks are coming, but if you come and the gate is closed, go to the keypad and enter
1020#
The gate will remain open until you enter the same code again. You cannot access the keypad from your vehicle, you will need to disembark from your vehicle to open, drive through, then go back to keypad to close.

Sleeping accommodations

For those that were not aware, we have been full time living in our RV traveling around the country while some squatters (son and DIL) lived in our house. Well the squatters have moved out and we have begun the process of moving in but have not done so yet. We are still living in the RV and the house is unoccupied. So there is lots of room to “camp” in the house. There is only one couch but pleanty of floorspace and rooms to lay down your bed roll. It gets kind of chilly at night, so a heated house may be nicer than a tent. Anyway, the option is there.

BeemerlessBob...thank you very much for your gracious hospitality.
i'll gladly take up a spot in that heated house. I'll head out of Austin around 2-3pm, and should be there around 6 or 7...
taking the scenic route.

Back