• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Can we or can we NOT go for a ride??

Just got back from a REALLY nice late afternoon and evening ride. Almost no mud to speak of despite the rains. It was crazy MUGGY!! Stopped in Iola for some Mallet Bros BBQ!! :eat: He said they have been doing okay, but the catering business has dried up and that was a big chunk of their income. I tried to do my part :-P

Found some incredible blue bonnets just South of Roans Prairie on the West side of CR 219!! Very thick and all over the place. In their prime!

Almost took a HUGE hawk to the chest. It came right out of the tree line and passed right in front of me. A split second difference in timing and it would have hit dead center in the chest! :shock:

Heading East toward Richards on FM 149 I spotted a BIG Bald Eagle right over my head. I did a double take to make sure, and it definitely was an eagle. Pretty cool. I've been seeing more and more in the area in recent years. Must be too hot for them up there in Alaska from all that global warming :-P

Glad you got out for a bit Scott. I hope to ride a bit this weekend myself.

Post #273 Gunnison County law
What devines residence? Homestead exemption. NOT! I'm sorry but if I own property with a house that I pay taxes on, it is my residence, even part time. This is why people need to consider who they vote for. These cats think their magic wand can boom! pass anything they want just like a King or Dictator. Worse than China or Korea.
Oh I did ride to Dollar General or what we call the Thorndale Mall, today. Round Trip 12 miles :)

Just went for a short ride tonight. 60 miles or so just puttering around and riding over areas I hadn't been to in 20 years to see how it had changed. Crazy how much changes in that amount of time.

Glad I went. Was therapeutic.

Anyone who doubts this is just nuts or just isn't a rider. Even a short ride can do amazing things for how I feel mentally, physically, and even spiritually. Something about riding always puts me in a praying mood, and not just because I feel like I am about to die! :-P

I went out for a ride tonight to. Was SUPPOSED to be riding to workout...pero no!

Took the WR, thought we were cool after the new fuel pump but he threw an intermittent CEL and every time he did the bike cut out. So I came home and grabbed Blu. She and I took a little ride and played hookie from working out.

Oh man it was nice to go. Anyone see the big moon?

Last edited:
Took a short drive in a loop up to Kendalia and back to Boerne, was very relaxing to get out even for just a bit.

I finally took a nice ride on Sunday! Prior to that I didn’t really buy into the whole “riding is therapeutic” thing. But after my Sunday ride I felt so much better! I have also been commuting all week on the bike!
429AD8F4-94E7-4AD1-96FA-701D60DAE715.jpeg

696995FB-AD41-4304-AD35-0F2BA409648F.jpeg

Just went for a short ride tonight. 60 miles or so just puttering around and riding over areas I hadn't been to in 20 years to see how it had changed. Crazy how much changes in that amount of time.

Which bike did you take?

My riding has been stopped by a dental issue. After six weeks of anxiety I call my dentist where this problem began and reported the swelling in my gums and face. Was given a prescription and an appointment three days later. Yesterday I signed a sheet of paper affirming an emergency, then an x-ray and a referral for a root canal. So I am scheduled tomorrow and I am hoping for treatment. So they call me today and tell me I will be evaluated. I tell them I will soon be in dire straits if I am strung along any further. Waiting again, but they did say there is a possibility they will do something tomorrow. Everything and everyone is upended now and the real strain seems to be on those who need treatment for something other than this **** virus that has us all cowering in fear. I have faith that things will work out, but it is stressful just the same.

Wonder if Gunnisin County will let the banned non residence home owners pay their property tax?
Interesting, how can they legally remove you from your residence? Visitors as well?
I am sorry, they would have to come and forcefully remove me.
The best part is I bet homeless are exempt.
Anyone who doubts this is just nuts or just isn't a rider. Even a short ride can do amazing things for how I feel mentally, physically, and even spiritually. Something about riding always puts me in a praying mood, and not just because I feel like I am about to die! :-P
One of the reasons I ride to work every day if possible, even though it is only 3 miles, I feel much better after riding home vs driving home.

OK, I started this thread, and am probably the only one that has NOT gone for a ride!:doh:
I was going last week or week before, I can't even remember now, but discovered my sticker expired in Feb. not Mar. like I thought. I was sorely tempted to go anyway and plead insanity if stopped, but I didn't. And now it's April. Too much fate tempting all at once.

And it's already hot and humid, in which I do not like riding in any longer. Really kinda bummed about it all, but then comes the weather today, and it looks like it'll get back to the 60's next week?

OK. I see the oil joint I get inspections at is still open. I'll get the bike inspected. I never go to the county place for stickers and plates, I go to SA Auto Title, pay the extra 10 bucks service fee to be in and out in 5 minutes or less. I see they are open and called to confirm.

I have a goal. Have the bike legal and all ducks in a row and do it. This is kinda exciting having a spot on the calendar to look at, instead of this purgatory time warp we're all in. Something to look forward to besides great creativity in the kitchen, which if I don't chill out on is gonna make me have to go crank up the preload on the bagger shocks.
:eek2: :lol2:

Don't understand their ratings. Looks like you get a better rating the more cases you have ???!!!
That site is showing how well the county is practicing social distancing. They may not have any covid cases, but then again they are still going to stores and doing things they are not supposed to, so thus the lower score. Though I am sure they are doing normal things because there are no cases in their area.

I agree to to this 100%. I'm more of a dirt guy, wanna be dualsport guy some day and finally meet some of you. I can jump on a bike late in the evening after a long stressful day, just putt around the yard, then down the county road a ways and back to the garage. 10-15 minutes sometimes is better than nothing, always finish with a smile.
FWIW, the smile is sometimes bigger when the bike ridden was brought back from the grave with a little sweat equity.

Back