• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

** Canceled ** - 2019 East Texas 500 DS ride

Well, I'm out this week. This kind of weather is probably why it is so difficult to plan an East Texas multi-day ride like the ET500. Get 20 or 30 riders committed for a specific weekend, then have the kind of rain we've had this past couple days, that turns the route into a mud pit. Just have to wait for the perfect alignment of good weather, free time and bike prepared, then make the call at the last minute. That doesn't help planning for a ride.

Yep, not easy but now trhat I know where this section is I am watching it, hope to get a ET ride in soon.

Know it's last minute but will do a backwards route from Rusk to Toledo Bend tomorrow 12/30. I'll be at the Whataburger in Rusk at 9:00 am.

Mike P.

Well, I'm out this week. This kind of weather is probably why it is so difficult to plan an East Texas multi-day ride like the ET500. Get 20 or 30 riders committed for a specific weekend, then have the kind of rain we've had this past couple days, that turns the route into a mud pit. Just have to wait for the perfect alignment of good weather, free time and bike prepared, then make the call at the last minute. That doesn't help planning for a ride.

Exactly!

I have been planning to do the "Heart of Tx Adv Ride" since last year. I have been waiting for the perfect weather but seems every time the weather is right something else gets in the way. I have done it in sections but I'm wanting to do it at one time.

Ride safe.

I rode part of the ET500 backwards from Rusk to just south of Garrison. Started out with hero dirt.
Hero Dirt.jpg

Just past Garrison it went from hero to zero.
South of Garrison.jpg

So I took a nap.
South of Garrison 2.jpg

Ended up turning around here. I was concerned that either I was going to fall and it would be too slippery to pick the bike up or I'd get somewhere that I couldn't get out of by myself. Still a great ride. Next time perhaps with longer notice.

Mike P

I was thinking more like a ktm 500 and leave the GS at home.

At least you attempted the ride, good work there.

That is a lot of bike for that mud. Glad you were able to get out of that mess relatively intact and unharmed. Thanks for the pictures.

I rode part of the ET500 backwards from Rusk to just south of Garrison. Started out with hero dirt.
View attachment 251216
Just past Garrison it went from hero to zero.
View attachment 251217
So I took a nap.
View attachment 251218
Ended up turning around here. I was concerned that either I was going to fall and it would be too slippery to pick the bike up or I'd get somewhere that I couldn't get out of by myself. Still a great ride. Next time perhaps with longer notice.

Mike P

Boy that sure looks familiar...

Back