• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

** Canceled ** - 2019 East Texas 500 DS ride

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
** Canceled **

What: East Texas 500 dual sport ride

When: Thursday, December 19th - Saturday, December 21st

Where: Starting from the Walmart Supercenter in Livingston - https://goo.gl/maps/nV6n8dowHe9v5L2P9

Schedule: 19th - Kickstands up @ 0900, ride to Colmesneil for lunch, then on to Holly Park Marina in Milam - http://www.hollyparkmarina.com/
20th - Kickstands up @ 0900, ride to Center for lunch, then on to Rusk
21st - Kickstands up @ 0900, ride to Walmart in Livingston

This is not a formal, organized ride, and each (adult) is responsible for their own lodging/food/gas/tools, etc.
Walmart has always allowed us to park in their parking lot, in the south-western most part of the parking lot, furthest away from their front door.
Holly Park Marina has motel/cottage/tent site (very small) rentals.
Rusk has hotels, and there's a KOA just outside on the East side of town.
Routes are here: https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/et500-2019.122419/

Ok, who's in?

Last edited:
IN...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rydah Is it Thursday thru Saturday because of your work schedule?

I wish I could, but spent my pass on around the bend...

To dannyboy: yes unfortunately.
To Rolling J: gonna miss ya.
To both: will definitely try to do it again sometime early next year too. This is why I posted the routes though, so anyone else can go enjoy it without having to work around my schedule.

A maybe. Sorry I can't do better than that right now. There's a couple of things coming up around Christmas for me, but I am trying to make way for this.

I've been thinking about a east Texas ride lately. This rout would be something like 70% unpaved?

That percentage feels about right for the routes I have ridden.

QUOTE: To both: will definitely try to do it again sometime early next year too.

Rydah Early next year hopefully a two day ride - Saturday and Sunday.
RollingJ did a two day ride and called it the ET700. (700 miles in two days) Although we cut some off on Sunday afternoon. It was a blast and more people could do it as they were not taking off of work.

Sounds good to me. Do you have those tracks?

No I don't have the tracks but RollingJ may have them.

edit: corrected tracks for what we rode.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• RiddenV2.gpx
    1.8 MB · Views: 218
Last edited:
I think this was the ride we got stuck in the mud and cut the route short?

These were the tracks we intended to ride.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• ET750v2.gpx
    971.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Sorry for anyone who was planning to do this, but didn't reply. Gonna have to cancel due to several factors. Maybe we'll try again early part of next year.

Kinda glad. Took my CR500 out yesterday and it reminded me to respect it.

Reactions: my6
Starting where, when and how much a day?

I am open to timing and distance per day, I have to be on a plane for Paris on the 5th.

Rydah and I spoke about doing it all over three days, but that might be over my time budget for a while now. Thoughts?

David, I also posted the two day routes, and it's very doable at a decently brisk pace. I started late at around 0945, and made it to the hotel in Center at around 1600. Second day, left around 0900 and made it back to the truck at around 1430.

You had me at "brisk pace".[emoji41]

Back