• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cancelled Event: Arkansas ADV Ride: Around Glenwood AR, Now May 17-19

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Loggins
Cancelling this event. Seems like the date change killed all interest. We'll try again in the fall.

Based on a similar successful ride last August, a few of us are planning on going back to the Glenwood area of Arkansas again this May.

The plan is to arrive May 17th and possibly get an afternoon ride in. Ride the 18th and some more the 19th returning home the afternoon of the 19th.

We have a couple guys familiar with the area but no preset routes at present but we'll likely have some posted before the trip.

Last year we had 2 groups that essentially did the same route but at different speeds. We self divided into our desired pace and it worked pretty well. The overall route was big bike friendly (somewhat debatable but all seemed to have fun). The faster group had quite a few small bikes and they all seemed to have fun riding big bike friendly roads but at a bit faster pace. I'm still undecided if I'll take my WR450 or my R12GSA as both would be a lot of fun. If I trailer, I may take both.

Lodging: Base camp will be at Caddo Gap at Arrowhead Cabins and Canoe. http://www.caddocanoe.com (camping / cabins on the river). There are cabins or you can camp. It's a really great place and those that stayed there last time really enjoyed it. Alternatively, there are motels in Glenwood Ark, 8 miles away that are reasonably priced and will have more amenities. (Cabins have no cable or Internet if that matters to you.)

Update: Looks like most people are at either cabins or camping at Caddo Gap. This doesn't mean you have to be there, but unlike last year where we had about half the group at Caddo Gap and half in Hotels in Glenwood, this year looks like most are at Caddo Gap. It should be a fun time. Also...apparently, Arrowhead has a second camping area close to Glenwood? I'm not sure about that but if so, that is NOT where we'll be. We'll be at the Caddo Gap campground.

In for rescheduled 5-17-5/19 ride:

In for 5/3-5/5 dates ride that was cancelled

1. MacDaddy : Sup10
  2. Jarrett : Africa Twin
  3. GLFlyer : Goldwing :) (or maybe a Sup 10)
  4. 2WheelNut : 1200GSA
  5. MisterK: Africa Twin
  6. woodsguy: 800GS
  7. Rsquared: WR450
  8. Rsquared's son : something
  9. GlenStJohn: 690 Adventure
  10. lotecredneck: 690 Adventure
  11. TxEvo8: 1200GS
  12. Lawhawk1: 690 Adventure
  13. Painless: 690 Adventure
  14. eabenedetti: WR450
  15. TheD-Man: DRZ-400S
  16. DonnieJoe: DR650
  17. Flipit: FE501
Some will be riding up and some trailering. Sharing campsites, motel rooms or cabins is welcome, but you need to make your own arrangements.

Come join us....looking to be a fun trip.

Last edited:
Well... obviously, I'm in. ;)

It will be the Tenere for me... hopefully it will be re-flashed before then. :thumb::flip:

Last edited:
I am in like flin, but it may be too cold for me to sit in the creek as I did in August:) I will be going up early Thursday AM to do some bidness in Hot Springs village and Greenbriar. I should be at the camp by 11am Friday.

Weather looks perfect, and it is guaranteed to not change!

How much dirt on this ride? Interested in riding Arkansas.

How much dirt on this ride? Interested in riding Arkansas.

My last ride with 2WheelNut and MacDaddy in AR was about 75 Dirt/25 Road. Big bike capable & fun if you can handle the beast. Small bike fun and challenging nonetheless.

That was with us trailering up.

Regardless... the goal is to split into 2 groups and it's sort of a "choose your own adventure" from a pace perspective.
:thumb::flip:

Are the dirt roads forest service roads, or county roads, or...?

This sounds like alotta fun, and I have that Friday off work already...just gotta GET there...Arkysaw is a long way from villa of the Kerr...

Are the dirt roads forest service roads, or county roads, or...?

This sounds like alotta fun, and I have that Friday off work already...just gotta GET there...Arkysaw is a long way from villa of the Kerr...
A lot of forest service roads and county dirty roads in August. Some back woods hardtop ect. The 690 would be a hot ticket for this ride! And the campground is awesome.

As an added bonus. It's Cinco de Mayo that weekend and MacDaddy has a milestone birthday during this trip so anyone that comes can join us in a Cinco de Mack celebration. (I stole that name....but I like it. :) )

A lot of forest service roads and county dirty roads in August. Some back woods hardtop ect. The 690 would be a hot ticket for this ride! And the campground is awesome.
Rob....you going to make this one? Sure would be good to ride with you again. Hope it works out.

Rob....you going to make this one? Sure would be good to ride with you again. Hope it works out.
I'll see, would love to, but just see what part time work schedule is then. Right now I'm working Saturdays.

I am thinking about joining you guys. I missed the last one. do you guys have any links to the campsite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly I think the young lady who is the new owner was kind of sweet on Super Dave[emoji85]

Changed my mind, maybe. If I can get someone down here to roll with me, my boss said he'd let me off! I'll see.

Last edited:
Back