• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

**Cancelled** Lddave's December BBQ RTE

Re: Lddave's December BBQ RTE

Always wanted to try that place. Hope the weather is nice :sun:

Missed last years, going to try to make this one.

Good Q and on Pearl Harbor's anniversary why not eat an all American meal

Unless something happens I'll be there - always up for good bbq.

the Mueller (pronounced "miller") family has heavy influences in Centex BBQ.
Bobby Mueller, who passed away in 2008, has 3 children to my knowledge; LeAnn, John, and Wayne.

Wayne is currently in charge at the original Louie Muller.

LeAnn runs la BBQ on S 1st in Austin, which she originally opened as "jmueller bbq" along with John Muller until a dispute arose and John opened his own joint.

John Mueller's current place is John Mueller Meat Company on East 6th - and is my personal favorite place (but not personal "best" - two different things)

Aaron Franklin (Franklin BBQ) worked for John Mueller when he had a joint in Manor, Tx, and bought his pit. Franklin's family was involved in BBQ in Bryan, Tx so he comes from a line of BBQ, but from what I've read he learned a lot under John.

Lance Kirkpatrick is the pit boss at Stile's Switch in Austin, and ran the pits at Louie Mueller after John left.

The BBQ at Louie Mueller has a very heavy pepper rub, and the Beef Ribs are a specialty - but often run 1.5 pounds or more and are pretty expensive. They pretty much started the "free sample" when you arrive at the counter.

Probably too much info - but a visit to Louie Mueller is a must for any Texas BBQ fan.

If you're coming from Houston area you can hit snow's (only open on Saturday) in Lexington Texas since they open at 8am.

Louie Mueller opens at 10 on Saturday, if you get there at 11:30 the line can be an hour long - I'd strongly recommend hitting them no later than 10:45.

I do a lot of BBQ touring on my bike, been to over 60 joints since April 2013. :)

See you in December Dave.

In my calendar...

Have fork. Will travel.

Maybe Shuey will show up in his new FJR.

:sun:

SEYA,

RB

Attachments

• dual-sport-cowboy.jpg
    dual-sport-cowboy.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 230

Close enough to dual sport this year. Prolly have the only thumper in the parking lot. :rider:

1 month away.

From mobile

Camilo, I like that new avatar picture! Lookin' good!:clap::rider:

Close enough to dual sport this year. Prolly have the only thumper in the parking lot. :rider:

Nope, I'll be there on the DR. We'll have to meet. I'm in Elgin just about every weekend. My family is from there.

Anybody planning to attend both the 7,8 rides and camp at Wilson H Fox park Sat. night? We'll give it a try if everything falls together properly. +2 Probable.

Last edited:

Anybody planning to attend both the 7,8 rides and camp at Wilson H Fox park Sat. night? We'll give it a try if everything falls together properly. +2 Probable.

How's this developing? I'm in for both rides and camping.

Back