• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

**Cancelled** Lddave's December BBQ RTE

Since I am in Granger, which is several milesNorth __________________
'81 Kawi LTD 550KZ (to get my feet wet after 20 years no riding)
'09 Suzi DL650 (most definitely the best bike for me)

"Due to circumstances beyond my control,
I am master of my fate and captain of my soul." (Invictus, with a modern twist)

This looks like a hardy and SpiritAtBay combo post?????

I plan on being there for to eat with other Adventure riders that are still coming.
I'll be on my black KLR..

I plan on being there for to eat with other Adventure riders that are still coming.
I'll be on my black KLR..

Hutch,

I may too try to make it. It looks like it will be simply cold without ice formation. I will be careful though on overpasses.

SEYA,

Starsky

Hutch,

I may too try to make it. It looks like it will be simply cold without ice formation. I will be careful though on overpasses.

SEYA,

Starsky

Ok Starsky,,, LoL
I'll be waiting to see what kinda group we get!
Local news reported a few flurries north in bell county to the north.
The roads seem pretty good around here but could have patchy ice in spots and bridges. So watch your SIX!!

Had a nice lunch with Drew, Fred, Chris, Hardy, Mototex and others! Good to see you all! :sun:

When I left the driveway it was 28 degrees but once I was on the highway slicing into a 20 MPH headwind, the temperature soon plunged to 24 degrees and stayed at the level for the remainder of the day. I opted to not use my heated gear. I wanted to see how effective my Tourmaster EPIC and Flex pants were at blocking the very frigid air. The only portion of my body that was impacted by the icy conditions, were my hands. Even though I had large ski gloves with liners, the tips of my fingers were soon numb after 15 miles into the trip. The heated grips provided little benefit.

Once I arrived at the BBQ location, I met up with about 15 folks, many who opted for driving the comfy family car. Shuey who had traveled on his new FJR from Florida, seemed in good spirits. I sat at the table with KP, Hutch, Hardy and Shuey. We discussed motorcycles, naturally!

Even though, the RTE was officially cancelled, it was great to meet old friends and enjoy the kinship that motorcycles brings.

SEYA,

RB

Attachments

• 20131207_101440.jpg
    20131207_101440.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 206
  • 20131207_113639.jpg
    20131207_113639.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 20131207_113644.jpg
    20131207_113644.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 20131207_113658.jpg
    20131207_113658.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 212
Had the pleasure of Shuey's company for the last few days. That included a couple of days of riding. Wouldn't let a little cold stop our plans for a RTE BBQ. Good to see everyone.
edenysyh.jpg

Had a really nice time there also. Very good BBQ and company. Always enjoy visiting with my TWT family. Good to talk to Mark and Mason again long time no see. Also enjoyed Red and Hutch and Hardys company. I have some pictures that I will down load tonight for those still wanting to see more.

There might be another Lddave BBQ event coming up with a M@G@E@R and camp-out between the two next year will keep you all informed as Dave and I get the details worked out. KP

Nice for the turnout. I'm happy for the reschedule. Maybe....just maybe...my FJR will have a front suspension by then! :(

Back