• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Capitol of Texas Police Motorcycle Chute Out

Reaction score
If you find yourself looking for something to pass some time over the next 4 days this is going on in Buda.

I will be representing ATCEMS with two other Paramedics on our Motor Team at the event. We had two of our team members compete last year and one of our guys placed 3rd in the Metric Novice class. We have our ATCEMS Special Events trailer out there and will be riding out blue BMW R1200RT-P motorcycles. If you come out swing by and say Hi.

Jeff

That's pretty cool!
I'll be in concan though.
Good luck!

I’ll be checking that out! That’s just 25 min south of me. I passed by there the other day and saw them setting up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff good luck to you guys. Sounds like a cool event.

I'll fwd this to a friend/coworker who is working up there now.

Thank you all for the well wishes. Its been a very cool event. It was quite intimidating the first morning. We arrived and several Motor Officers were already riding the courses. We had no idea what the patterns were and found out shortly after our arrival from an APD Motor Officer that we all know that they hadn't done the walk through yet. They did the walk through shortly after but it was still pretty intimidating.

So off we go practicing the A and B courses we will be judged on. I concentrated on the B course day one and felt pretty comfortable after a few hours. You have to memorize the route in the course and that seemed to be the hardest part. The riding was just riding a cone course which we do quarterly but they are always the same courses. These courses had to be "learned" as in direction and the best line. That took some time but we all managed to get there.

Our department had a photographer out there today who took some pictures of us being miserable wet and cold. Cant wait to see those.

I'll leave you with what I think is an amazing photo taken by the COTPMCO staff for their FB page of Patrick. He's a gifted rider that I have ridden thousands of dirt and street miles with.

Cheers... Jeff

wow, that looks like he has lost the front end, but I guess its just slow speed extreme maneuvering.. Lovely picture.

Gary

Very cool pic. My friend who works at Kyle is there now. She just sent a pic of Motor 3 outside yall's trailer.

Attachments

• Motor3.jpg
    Motor3.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 181
Motor 3 is the bike I'm riding. Sorry we missed your friend. The bike that's covered is Shed's bike, his number is seven so he rode right away then practiced the B course a bit then put it to bed. We were likely all over at the A course waiting for Patrick to ride when that picture was taken. If she goes out again tomorrow tell her look for us and say Hi.

We did two competition courses today, first was the memorial challenge. This course is set up the day of and you ride it cold, no pre rides. They do a walk through and that's it. I was doing great until, well, I wasn't. There was a box with a figure 8 at the end that wasn't too difficult but when I came out of it I clipped a cone... then another and then had to put a foot down. I was bummed but I'm finding that I get nervous riding in front a everyone watching.

My course A ride started with a nervous mistake. I rode into the first figure 8 on the right side of the cones instead of the left side which cost me 20 seconds in a penalty. I clipped a few cones for the rest of the course but overall rode it pretty smooth. Patrick rode it smooth without a single penalty. Shed had a stupid error that caused him to drop the bike but otherwise rode a great ride.

Jeff

Hah sweet, that's you're bike. Yeah my friend was pretty impressed that EMS ran a motorcycle unit when she walked up on it. I'll see if she's out there today.

When you ride, or even pre-ride, do you listen to music to keep the nerves down and find that zen place?

Oh ya, good luck today! :thumb:

Last edited:
Music would definitely be great for my nerves. I'm a big fan of music while riding and have a Sena in my helmets. Our work helmets have the comms that the city puts in them and they are only compatible with our radios. Ear buds would be pretty uncomfortable with the size of the speakers.

We ended up riding pretty well compared to motor officers that ride full time. We didnt place but we had fun. It was an amazing experience and we had several departments from Texas and several other states express how cool they thought it was that EMS had a Motor section. We had several officers from different departments encourage us to come ride in their rodeos.

We have some great photos and videos that I'll post soon.

Cheers... Jeff

Saw you gents at motogp last year. Even responding to a wreck end of the dayupnat 130,.
Good job

Music would definitely be great for my nerves. I'm a big fan of music while riding and have a Sena in my helmets. Our work helmets have the comms that the city puts in them and they are only compatible with our radios. Ear buds would be pretty uncomfortable with the size of the speakers.

We ended up riding pretty well compared to motor officers that ride full time. We didnt place but we had fun. It was an amazing experience and we had several departments from Texas and several other states express how cool they thought it was that EMS had a Motor section. We had several officers from different departments encourage us to come ride in their rodeos.

We have some great photos and videos that I'll post soon.

Cheers... Jeff

Jeff, I'm proud of you for going and representing. For you to go compete in between what you got going on in life and at work, good job man :dude: Looking forward to the photos. Did anyone film the event?

We had the AV guy from our department come out a few days and shot some photos and got our Memorial Challenge ride on video. One of our team members came out a few days and shot some photos and video as well. We also attached gopros to our bikes while practicing. I'vs seen his rough edits and their pretty good. As soon as all that stuff is ready to go I'll post it up. It may be a while because were getting ready to roll into our biggest busiest event of the year. If your in Austin you know what I'm talking about. SXSW.

Thanks for the kind words.... Jeff

Been super busy getting ready for SXSW then the week itself was even busier. Then we went right into Indycar. Now gearing up for several other events to include Moto GP.

Anyhow, here's a few videos one of our motor medics / instructors put together. In training "head and eyes" is really drilled into you. Here's a textbook example of it courtesy of Shed.

Here's some follow the leader with a funny audio edit done by Mark.

Back