• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Carb jetting

Reaction score
Hi to all,
I have a 79 xs750 special. When I bought the bike it had pod filters on it and rotted exhaust pipes. I have left the old filters on and I put shorty mufflers on and eliminated the cross pipe. The bike is very difficult to start but once it is warmed up it runs well. I'm looking to get the carbs, which are BS34, jetted. When looking for jets they all state jets for vm,tm and tmx carbs. I thought these carbs were CV carbs. This a little confusing. Can anyone suggest the right jets for this bike. I know the size but I need a brand name and does vm,tm or tmx make any difference in the jets???????

They should be a CV carb I know the carbs on my 1980 XS850 were CV carbs, I dont remember what brand they were though

Here is the link to the breakdown of your carbs on Bike Bandit should have all your components listed

I just looked on Factory Pro's website and they dont show a kit that far back maybe call them and see if they have the older records?

Last edited:
My suggestion is that if you are going to do the diaphragm spring mod you get an extra set of springs as those mods generally are cutting a coil off the spring and you may or may not like the throttle response and once cut you cant go back

Back