• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Carbon......

Hobby,

Are the ways on your mill already worn out and need to be scraped?

Don't know if they are actually worn, but these cheap Chinese mills aren't scraped or even ground, I think. I do know the column is a little out of square to the base, so I think it will be a fun project to scrape everything to a tenth or so and see what kind of mill I can build once I epoxy-granite the whole thing.

I bet I can get it about as rigid as a BP, but who knows. That's why I'm going to try. :zen:
:mrgreen:

Is there no stopping Gus (Tasi) and his amazing carbon? My chromed airfilter sidecovers had the Gus treatment. They look so good. Great job mate.

nxp1rq.jpg

24llnwm.jpg

THe long side cover is glassed on (none removable )
The air box one is siliconed on (differant type of plastic that doesnt bond to
fiberglass well )You can glass straight over it ,pop it off when dry .Trim it ,when
glue it back on .Actually i have a spare set of air box end caps in carbon (like pic ,above Suzuki ) you can have them free if you like the look .
YOU might like this shot of my other bike i did the same way .
IMG_3542.jpg

Back