• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Carbon......

so, does one go into the muffin and one on top?

Gotta love aussies cause they know how to make a muffin!

:lol2:You guys dont use the term Muffin- top .?

Its an Aussie slang term for a fat guts that hangs over your belt . Muffin -top .

:lol2:You guys dont use the term Muffin- top .?

Its an Aussie slang term for a fat guts that hangs over your belt . Muffin -top .

We use that too here in the states. But, it refers soley to the women folk, and it ian't a compliment. :eek2:

For us dudes, we use the term "beer belly" regardless of whether or not one drinks beer. Or we use "dunlop"; as in our belly done lopped over our belt or junk.

We got a complaint our 2 chickens were eating the neibours earthworm .:eat:

IMG_3390.jpg

Naked headlight cowl
IMG_3389.jpg

Tasi,

I'm personally not a fan of any visable, unpainted carbon fiber, but thats not to say that I would not like a few bits on my bike made entirely out of carbon fiber, as long as they were painted, and what you've done looks good if your into that look, but how much of a pain is it going to be to remove the carbon fiber overlay from your parts if you decide you don't like it.

I would imagine the only process will be lots of sanding, and then repainting the parts. ;-)

You can use a mold release so no harm at all .I did the front guard like
that so i could just pop it off . Other parts i didn't bother and made it
permanent . I'm going to re-do the sides cover as i know i can do a better job
so ill see how hard it is to get off .Fiberglass and plastic dont have a great
bond so if i can get an edge i should get it in one piece .

I was never a fan of the colour of my bike "pinkish " so less
"pink "is better .

IMG_2848.jpg

On plastic it can be awkward while sanding the filler coat .Once the
finish coat goes on the Resin runs around the edges thus holding it in place .
If i know its an awkward piece i'll drill small holes through the plastic and
add a carbon piece on the back which connect it all up .
Those little fork protectors are the worst ,the plastic is like teflon .
Side panels no problem at all .I redid one of mine and strugled to remove the
carbon .Probably a perfect bond ,stuck ,but its not going to stuff the cover
if you want to remove it if you have had a topleover and scratched it .
Spoke too soon .Just did a part on my Aprilia , should have known,
the plastic felt like an ice-cream bucket .Total failure , at least it
was mine.I'll just refit it as it was (no holes drilled in it )

Well guy, tis the tail section and gas tank next? That would be pretty kewl, a whole carbon bike.

Funny you mention that... I've been thinking about attempting a whole C/F gas tank for the Bandit. A real tank, not just a lamination. It's a project I've been keeping on the backburner, but I may just look into it in the future.

Right now I'm busy learning how to scrape machine ways and then I'll be CNCing my mill. It's gonna be a busy year :lol2:

Funny you mention that... I've been thinking about attempting a whole C/F gas tank for the Bandit. A real tank, not just a lamination. It's a project I've been keeping on the backburner, but I may just look into it in the future.

Right now I'm busy learning how to scrape machine ways and then I'll be CNCing my mill. It's gonna be a busy year :lol2:

Hobby,

Are the ways on your mill already worn out and need to be scraped?

Back