• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Carlos' Beer Garden Webster (Houston), TX

M

Mike in Clear Lake

What: Excellent burgers in an open air environment. "Motorcyclists" and "bikers", mixed but pleasant crowd. This is one of those places in the traditional Texas "ice house" fashion with two garage type doors that slide up to open when the weather is warm. There is ample seating at the bar and plenty of tables. There is also a very nice patio setting in the back. Music via jukebox, and I believe also piped in when the jukebox is not being played.

I stopped in there (my third visit) after riding in the Clear Lake area on a short 50-mile ride today. This is during the week and after the lunch crowd has cleared out. Still there were two other motorcyclists there, a Harley type sans his bike, and another gentleman with a Honda sport touring bike. Like I said a mixed crowd, friendly, and I was able to converse easily with both riders. There were other patrons scattered about the bar and tables. Cooler weather today, so no one was out on the patio. Both riders confirmed that it is a bike friendly place with a mixed crowd.

I ordered one of their double-meat burgers and a diet Coke. Their burgers are somewhat famous here in the Clear Lake area. It was delicious. The diet Coke is served from a can, poured on ice into a glass, not from a mixing spout. The lady working behind the bar looks like she walked off the cover of a fashion magazine. She is stunning, but also very polite and friendly. I have heard she belongs to the owner, so don't go hitting on her. Kinda hard not to stare. The owner's father owns the barbershop that adjoins the building, so you can get your haircut there also.

I have seen several motorcycles out in front of Carlos' places. Seems like quite a few on the weekends when I drive by in my cage, but I have not been there on any weekend, since I mostly ride during the week.

Where: See the MapQuest link http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=Webster&state=TX&address=18018+Hwy+3&zoom=7

It's just a few yards south of the southwest corner of Nasa Rd 1 and Hwy 3. Address is on the map link. Their telephone is 281.332.2587

Thanks for the info I will be looking for a destination to ride to since having the bike down for a few days for maintenance is giving me withdrawals...:twitch:

Replaced clutches and springs, did a valve adjustment, changed the oil, and replaced the plugs and only got to ride 10 miles the next day to test it all out so I will be giving the clutch a real workout (and probably my left hand too w/ the new springs) in Houston area traffic...:thumb:

Back