• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Carnage canyon -extreme

The first time I traveled to the Buena Vista and Salida areas to van camp and ride my trailered DS bike, I had read about this trail in a Charles Wells 4WD trails book. It was clear that I would not be doing this trail by any means, but I wanted to poke around over there and see what the terrain was like in person. Oh my!...this is on a Erzberg Rodeo, Carl's Dinner level of suffering on a motorcycle. It's an extreme challenge in a well modified 4WD vehicle, but they have the advantage of 4 wheel stability, winches, etc. I raced the Texas Enduro circuit for many years, and there were places of great suffering and effort occasionally in harsh test sections but nothing at the level of Carl's Dinner or Carnage Canyon that I ever saw. I will never regret those enduro competition years, but I am so glad I do not have to commit to some of those extreme instances of grief in my current state of just enjoying trails and keeping the level of challenge to a bearable level...LOL!

Back