• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CDR Pay Your Money Take Your Chances...

Nice report! :clap:

I hope to be able to do some rides like this with Daniel when he is old enough. The girls like riding with me, but I don't think they are really up for the challenge of riding this kind of stuff on their own bikes. Sarah much prefers easy riding ;-)

We spent 5 day camping at spectacle lake of FR 250 last week I tried my self to make to Del Norte all roads closed ,had same thing happened in 2017 with my son but we were lucky we stop and I heard a tractor coming from the other side waited a hour for them to clear it out and we went on.

A tractor or snow clearing machine of any kind would have been a welcome surprise.

Nice report! :clap:

I hope to be able to do some rides like this with Daniel when he is old enough. The girls like riding with me, but I don't think they are really up for the challenge of riding this kind of stuff on their own bikes. Sarah much prefers easy riding ;-)
Daniel will be ready for anything from what I’ve seen.

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us. Very few have the fortune of experiencing such an adventure of this caliber with a son or daughter. You are a lucky man. I hope you can resume the adventure next year.

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us. Very few have the fortune of experiencing such an adventure of this caliber with a son or daughter. You are a lucky man. I hope you can resume the adventure next year.
Yes it was a great time with my son. This was a long time dream for sure. It goes back far enough in fact I almost bought your DR back in 2014 as I was thinking about what bike he might ride on this adventure. https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/2005-suzuki-dr650-se.96782/

Yes it was a great time with my son. This was a long time dream for sure. It goes back far enough in fact I almost bought your DR back in 2014 as I was thinking about what bike he might ride on this adventure. https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/2005-suzuki-dr650-se.96782/
Small world! I think you got the right bikes for the job for what I saw. I got myself a 530 xcw 6-days edition and would not go back. The DR was an awesome bike but it has its limitations.

Back