• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Central Italy

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Diaz
Planning a trip to Italy with my wife and renting a bike 6 days to ride to Florence with numerous detours and stops along the route.
Any recommendations of towns, roads you care to share?

Vin Olio in Florence is a great restaurant.

Just let Michele overwhelm you with his cooking. (Pronounced Mick-A-Lee).

Buy tickets online to the academia and uffitzi (sp?). It will save you hours of time. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cdc
Orvieto is a quaint town in the Tuscany region that was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy. It is situated on top of a hill and there are no cars allowed in town, just foot and bicycle traffic.

Reactions: cdc
My wife and I came back from Italy where we had a chance to ride one day in Rome in a scooter and 5 days in the country side, from Rome to Asis, Sienna, Florence and Montepulciano it was not very long, but it was fun and enriching.

I did a lot of reading about locations to 'try' to visit and of course it was not possible to check them all. Here are some random pictures of the bike I rented. It was 'tense' to maneuver with pedestrians on narrow cobblestone streets in the old towns, but was able to park next to the hotels, even in Florence, next to the cathedral.

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 4 whls.jpg
    4 whls.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 155
  • Asis.png
    Asis.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Flore.jpg
    Flore.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 146
  • Montepul.jpg
    Montepul.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Montepul-2.jpg
    Montepul-2.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Oreste.png
    Oreste.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Rd - 1.jpg
    Rd - 1.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Rd 2.jpg
    Rd 2.jpg
    573.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Rd 2a.jpg
    Rd 2a.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Scooter.png
    Scooter.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Siena Park.JPEG
    Siena Park.JPEG
    237.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Siena.jpg
    Siena.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 155
...and what are your thoughts on the GS series scooters? :-)

I would love to own one. This new model seemed much smoother than other GSs I had tried.

Maybe I can down-size...
:trust:

Here is another pic I found:

Attachments

• 14AABA4C-58A0-4589-95D2-6EE7BBFAAB03.jpeg
    14AABA4C-58A0-4589-95D2-6EE7BBFAAB03.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 162
Stay away from August, the Europeans get most of the month off & head to the South for beaches & cheap brews, everywhere is crowded & the price double. Also, many museums & attractions are closed that month.

Planning a trip to Italy with my wife and renting a bike 6 days to ride to Florence with numerous detours and stops along the route.
Any recommendations of towns, roads you care to share?
Just got back from a week trip in Northern Italy on the GS bikes with my wife. We also have rode the GS from Livorno south through Tuscany, Rome, down to Sicily, and Sardinia for a month.

Message me and I can give you some ideas depending on where you are planning to go.

Just got back from a week trip in Northern Italy on the GS bikes with my wife. We also have rode the GS from Livorno south through Tuscany, Rome, down to Sicily, and Sardinia for a month.

Message me and I can give you some ideas depending on where you are planning to go.

Thanks, but I am back. I posted a couple of pictures in this thread of the rental bike.

Did you get any reactions from the locals to the TWT banner?

No really, as the banner was put, the picture was taken and then we rode...

Back