• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Central Texas Riding/Camping Adventure Class Opportunity

Misterk can also give a masterclass on packing. He doesn't pack light, but he's definitely got a system down, a place for everything and everything in it's place. It's amazing the amount of stuff he's able to fit in a relatively small space.

Packing skills.....I would suggest to bring with you what you want to take on your next big trip and the dry bags or whatever solutions. I bet we can come up with both creative ways to haul the needed gear as well as alternatives to some of the gear. Get things smaller, cool brands/gadgets that cull some of the pack etc. If I have time, I will pack my 500 up with my normal hard offroad trip week's worth of stuff.

Alaska ready.jpg

How many of you can carry a guitar 8,750 miles to Alaska and back?

I’ve been saying the sweater bit for years. The second part just came to me today. Maybe it’s my life moto, motto!!

But my klr must be spotless before attending Starbucks to discuss each of the $7000 in accessories that ill soon sell for $1000 with my late model $3600 bike. Ok, I'll be honest, i dont really have one.

Not sure if to late to jump in. New to forums out of far west side of San Antonio. Have about 15 years of street experience but new to ADV and off road so taking advantage of any opportunity to learn.

There might still be room. Still waiting to see if @Jory and @TWTourist are going to be able to make it. Anyone interested in coming out, next step would be to send me a PM with your email. From there I put you on the list in the order received and fill open slots as appropriate. And I hate posting a bunch of text with no pics......ha ha.

1664541508338.png

I’m up in Round Rock. Some dirt experience, need more. Always looking to get better.

I’m going to bow out. Got to many things going on this month. Hope all goes well and you do it again.

We are still a go for this weekend for those that committed. Liking this cold front moving in!! Couple things of note, there is construction in downtown Luling, so don't be surprised with some reroutes at Hwy 183/80/90 intersections. Also, they are just starting a bridge project on the road to the property, don't try to come to the property from the east from FM 1322. Come to the property from the west via Salt Flat Rd/CR128. And when you do, don't freak out that there might be signs saying road closed....it just means the bridge is out past the ranch. I got some more cleanup done yesterday at our camp site for tents etc. It was a bit of a dust bowl mowing. But between the rain today and the cold front coming, I'm looking forward to hanging out!! Later, Stevo

1666016117061.png

1666015876325.png

That big old oak looks like it'll work for me. I'll be able to hang from a couple limbs, I think. Very much looking forward to this one. Also looking forward to inspecting @misterk's Tensa stand. I may yet get one.

Thanks for the road closure heads up. I'll be riding over and turning south from McMahan. There's a chance I'd have tried to come in from the east. Given that change, is there a lunch spot in Luling yours recommend? I figured I'd eat before I show up on Friday.

Back