• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chainmate

Zonie

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Ebert
Just got my Matchless news letter and (yes I own a Matchless) in it was an artical on a devise to keep chain lube off the floor and rear wheel.
The product is called a chainmate and I just looked at the website chainmate.co.uk. The product looks very simple to use.
I have sent them an email asking about using it on the assortment of bikes that I have and the chains on them. I will post what they say.

I sent off an inquirer about the product just this AM and got a reply just a short time ago.
This is his reply.

Thank you for your enquiry . I think the best option for your stable of bikes would possible the Straight ChainMate. If you click on the link below you will see the Straight ChainMate being used. To use the Straight version you need a straight easily accessed area of chain . Have a look at the video and see if it would work on your bikes .

What would I do for rust prevention without chain lube all over everything though?

IMHO, just one more thing to buy/clean/carry/store.
I can spray my chain straight out of the can and avoid getting it on my tire or the floor.
20K miles on my AT chain...so far.

Meh... I just use an old toothbrush and a bean can full of 80/90 gear oil...

wipe off the excess and ride

Didn't know you rode older British or American bikes?
I don't. I just don't clean stuff. Especially when that stuff is beneficial! šŸ˜‚

I do have a 96 Land Rover Disco 1. Of course it leaks too.

Looks like a cool gadget to me, but I'll stick to just cleaning up the floor when I make a mess for now.

Sounds like a product for guys with expensive bikes and very expensive garage flooring

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I believe most bikes come with O-ring chains now days. You're really just oiling the outside of the chain. I use some chain lube that really doesn't wear off unless its really muddy or sandy. Dirt usually washes right off. Its white and is similar to what comes on the chain when you buy your bike. Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.14.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.14.37 AM.png

Best rest products had a similar item at one time that I canā€™t locate now. It was a cleaner and lube system. I would like to see the lube on the chain, if it got lube on the roller and the inner and outer side plates all at on time I would be interested.

...no I donā€™t have expensive bikes or garage floor

Back