• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Change of plans. Going to North and South Dakota

Reaction score
First Name
Dennie
Last Name
Spears
I was waiting until the 21st of July to make my trip plans for this year. I wanted to go to British Columbia and then go down the coast highway of California. Last year, fires drove me out of Oregon just as I was about to enter California and Covid closed down the Canadian border. On the 21st of each month, Canada and the US have been deciding whether to open the border or not. Canada opens on the 9th of August, but the US has decided to keep its border closed. Also, BC has over 100 active fires as of July 28th. I've decided to go to the Dakotas by way of New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. I've been to those four states several times, but the Dakotas will be a new experience. What are the must ride roads and must see sights in the Dakotas? I'm leaving on the 9th of August. Thanks in advance for any help.

We're leaving the same day but I am going to Colorado to fish then to Idaho to fish, and the better half going to visit with family but that said the v-strom is loaded in the trailer for some fun were ever I land.
Back to your trip we are going back to rapid city, Custer area in mid September to ride but I have know specific roads just cruise all over
to see what kind of trouble we can get in to there is plenty to see , the weather may be a big factor if you get there to late in the year wish I could help more with some routes I do have a map of that area that I got at a rally a few years back l will see if I can find it.

Here a map to get started

Attachments

• 20190710_173031.jpg
    20190710_173031.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 20190710_173317.jpg
    20190710_173317.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 144
Right now I'm just planning on seeing national parks and monuments. When I finish with them, I'll look for squiggly lines on the map. Maybe someone will chime in soon. Retiredtosoon, do you know my brother, James Spears? He lives in Somerville and rides a Road King.

Back