• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chappel Hill Masonic Cemetery

2Dogs

The cemetery is located near Chappel hill, Tx. Established 1853. Oldest stone found 1843? Col. William Travis of The Alamo fame, son is buried here along with a lot of Confederate soldiers and citizens of the Republic of Texas.
From the intersection of Hwy 290 and 1155 near Chappel Hill, Tx., go north to 2447 turn left, go 1/4 mi to Old Chappel Hill Rd. turn right go 1 mi to cemetery.

Attachments

• run2 014.jpg
    run2 014.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 310
  • run2 010.jpg
    run2 010.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 292
  • run2 009.jpg
    run2 009.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 294
  • run2 011.jpg
    run2 011.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 292
  • run2 012.jpg
    run2 012.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 296
There is a lot of interesting tombstones in that cemetery. I need to get back over there and walk thru it again.

Don't just walk through it take some photos and add them to the thread. The light isn't always right to get a good shot of something interesting. Maybe it will be when you are there or it's a different time of year. Take pics, we love pics. If you have additional info on a cemetery add it as well.
Good hunting.

Don't just walk through it take some photos and add them to the thread. The light isn't always right to get a good shot of something interesting. Maybe it will be when you are there or it's a different time of year. Take pics, we love pics. If you have additional info on a cemetery add it as well.
Good hunting.

The time I was there I didn't have a camera with me, just happened across the cemetery. I've got to remember to always have the camera with me when I'm out and about. If I can come up with some additional pictures I will add them. Like you said, we like pictures.

I guess you didn't notice Davey Crocketts daughter and her family is buried there along with other famous siblings from the Alamo days. I live 2 miles from there so I'll try to get some pics posted. Like the dog said, it is hard to get a good picture of the stones unless the lighting is just right.

Hey, :welcome: wb

You snuck in via the cemetary section?! :eek2:
Get thee to the Introductions section... ;-)

I guess you didn't notice David Crocketts daughter and her family is buried there along with other famous siblings from the Alamo days. I live 2 miles from there so I'll try to get some pics posted. Like the dog said, it is hard to get a good picture of the stones unless the lighting is just right.

Fixed,
He hated being called Davey.:lol2:

Been there a few times, real interesting place. I was also amazed at the number of Masons that fought at the Alamo

Back