• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Charley and Ewan at it again...

There's absolutely nothing in that article, or the article that that article references that confirms anything.

confirmed in several moto blogs I saw on my cell phone. Even the details of mods to the surely well designed and built totally adventure worthy livewires. If I recall, skidplate, bags, and handguards. If its all true, its a marketeer's dream for Rivian and HD.

That should be great comedy viewing!
Although they whined a lot in the other 2 trips, I enjoyed them.
But I just can't picture how they are going to get through this one without solar and generator backups.

But I just can't picture how they are going to get through this one without solar and generator backups.
How many chase trucks will they have equipped with 230vac generators? No problemo, I'll watch it.

I don’t know what you want then, lol.
A statement from Harley, or a statement from Ewan, or a statement from Charley, or a statement from an organization that supports them, that "this" is what is happening. Beyond that, everything else is conjecture, just as it has been for the past five years.

A statement from Harley, or a statement from Ewan, or a statement from Charley, or a statement from an organization that supports them, that "this" is what is happening. Beyond that, everything else is conjecture, just as it has been for the past five years.

Well, sure, there's nothing official. You might need to wait until the doc is released.

I can fill in the dots from the info that has been leaked that "this" is happening. I don't agree that this is like the past 5 years.

There are pics on Adv rider that show they are going to have a Huge caravan of vehicle support. You can bet if the Harley breaks down you'll never see it.

It's seems unlikely that they shipped multiple shipping containers full of equipment and gear to not plan a ride. Bikes, Rivian trucks, MB Sprinters, F350 4x4 and trailer to name a few.

Course these high profile guys have to take precautions too. There's two continents full of nut jobs just waiting for them.

It's seems unlikely that they shipped multiple shipping containers full of equipment and gear to not plan a ride. Bikes, Rivian trucks, MB Sprinters, F350 4x4 and trailer to name a few.

Yeah, they got a full caravan not to be doing Long Way Up.

Form Harley WEB site.

146 MILES CITY RANGE*
The LiveWire™ motorcycle features a high-voltage battery (or RESS; Rechargeable Energy Storage System) composed of lithium-ion cells surrounded by a finned, cast-aluminum housing. The high-voltage battery provides 146 miles (235 km) of city range or 95 miles (152 km) of combined stop-and-go and highway range.**

This could take awhile or lots of tricks like battery swaps and being charged in the support vehicles. The results will not be repeatably by anyone who doesn't have the budget for a full support team. We can only hope that the coverage will be honest of the limitations.

Last edited:
For Harley WEB site.

146 MILES CITY RANGE*
The LiveWire™ motorcycle features a high-voltage battery (or RESS; Rechargeable Energy Storage System) composed of lithium-ion cells surrounded by a finned, cast-aluminum housing. The high-voltage battery provides 146 miles (235 km) of city range or 95 miles (152 km) of combined stop-and-go and highway range.**

This could take awhile or lots of tricks like battery swaps and being charged in the support vehicles. The results will not be repeatably by anyone who doesn't have the budget for a full support team. We can only hope that the coverage will be honest of the limitations.
Yeah, I've heard that one before...

146 miles city range really means 115 miles if you ride at 18 mph average, getting passed by grandma on her Rascal.

95 miles combined really means about 61 miles at 38mph average, trying to stay away from major highways.

They need a breakthrough on battery tech before these things get more useful than for just running down to Starbucks and back.

I'm interested to see how they pull it off, it should be funny to watch for multiple reasons.
I can't find any information on the route, does anyone know if they will be doing any dirt?

Video touches on a lot of the comments in the thread. He makes several comments about it being better for filming to have the forced down time of charging... That may be true, but doesn't appeal to me at all. He also states that people will question if this a true adventure...and then says was their other stuff really an adventure either since it was heavily supported. He then says it has been an entertaining TV series that appeals to everybody not just the hardcore adventurer...

I'll be honest in that I have never watched any of their stuff and will likely not watch any of this newest show either. It just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I'm not being critical, i'm just pointing out that you can like motorcycles, but have zero interest in a TV show or movie about it. I am interested in the technology from a technical aspect and would likely watch something that gave an honest look at the practical use of the bike, like a 1hr documentary.

Video touches on a lot of the comments in the thread. He makes several comments about it being better for filming to have the forced down time of charging... That may be true, but doesn't appeal to me at all. He also states that people will question if this a true adventure...and then says was their other stuff really an adventure either since it was heavily supported. He then says it has been an entertaining TV series that appeals to everybody not just the hardcore adventurer...

I'll be honest in that I have never watched any of their stuff and will likely not watch any of this newest show either. It just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I'm not being critical, i'm just pointing out that you can like motorcycles, but have zero interest in a TV show or movie about it. I am interested in the technology from a technical aspect and would likely watch something that gave an honest look at the practical use of the bike, like a 1hr documentary.
I finally sat and watched "Long way Down". They indeed had alot of support, but I don't think I would want to make that trip without that kinda support either, so that part didn't bother me too much. What I actually liked about it was the tourist aspect. They stopped in some pretty interesting places and interacted with the local people and nature. To me it was more like a travel documentary where the hosts just happen to be riding motorcycles. I'll check out this next one I guess....

Back