• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chase the Easter Bunny @ Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park - April 13th - 17th

Chase the Easter Bunny @ Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park
April 14th - 16th - Easter Weekend
Buffalo Ranch & Adventure Park Web Site

Property Description for Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park
  • Over 2000 acres of spectacular dirt and dual sport riding in a pristine natural area.
  • One of a kind waterfall and cliff side camping.
  • Individuals, Groups and Events welcome.
  • Adjoins Buffalo National River Park & The Sweden Creek Natural Area.
  • Dirt Bikes, ATVs, Side X Sides & Jeeps
  • Hikers, Climbers, Campers & Outdoor Adventurers
  • Day Usage and Overnight Opportunities
  • Currently Open for Events, or by Appointment
  • 530-377-6678

Myself and a group of friends are heading out Easter weekend to check out WildernessRider's Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park.

I will be driving out Thursday and heading back on Monday for 3 full days (FRI, SAT, SUN) of riding. This is not an organized event. Just a group of folks heading out to ride, camp, enjoy the scenery and kick tires. We invite you to join us. Donny tells me that this is absolutely the best time of year to experience the property.

I am keeping a tally for interest below just in case people want to coordinate traveling together.

IN:
1.) WildernessRider
2.) Hail (Brad)
3.) Tourmeister (Scott & Company)
4.)

MAYBE:
1.) William Wolfson
2.) KamLeeR

Last edited:
Re: Chase the Easter Bunny @ Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park - April 14th - 16th

Chase the Bunny Easter Bash at the Ranch

Register today!

Last edited:
Re: Chase the Easter Bunny @ Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park - April 14th - 16th

This is still on and I plan to be there!

Scott, personal friends of mine, who I actually know how they will watch over their children are excluded from the 12 and over rule. The place is just too wild and vast to allow folks I don't know, who may or may not really understand or endorse their responsibilities to keep their children in constant and close proximity at all times. I have had my own children & grand children out on the place as they were growing up without any incidents...but we did have to keep up with them at all times when they were younger. I would love to see your family come up and enjoy the place. The Ozarks were absolutely enchanting back when i was a visiting youngster from the coastal flat lands of Houston. I always enjoy seeing that same look of awe in the young ones faces as they take in the mountain sights and activities for the first time. There are also several great clear water canoeing rivers in our imediate region, so do bring your wet suits if you have any interest in such. The water is usually a little too chilly that time of year for most people without a suit.

I'll be watching the weather and if decent I'll be there Thursday evening , I need an Arkansas fix , it's been too long . Oops wrong thread I want the next weekend thread . And maybe this one too , I have never had too much of a good thing .

Last edited:

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
We are thinking of coming up and making a week of it. We'll probably stay in Harrison though rather than camp. Although, I might bring camping stuff just in case and maybe stay there a few nights if the weather is nice. We'll probably only ride a few days and then do other stuff a few days. Will probably come up Sunday and then we have to be back by Saturday. Still ironing out the details.

Donny, do you have a few tracks we can load on GPS to guide us around the property? ...or do you just recommend heading out and exploring?

As I don't yet own or operate a GPS, I don't have any of the tracks for my place. Maybe someone can record some while I show you guys around on the first couple days.

Donny,
Going to try..And bring a friend and few bikes he has the camper/toy hauler will just wait and see what the future brings. And some dry aged Oak firewood.
the Honda is ready new knobbies :trust:

Brad: Steve F. got the tracks for the bigloop(back down to the church in valley) and others..i think he still has them

Last edited:
We reworked a portion of that long loop around by the Church in the Boxley Valley, so that we don't have to go thru the yard beside that log rental cabin any more.

At this time I have some limited true single track. But I have many miles of once upon a time logging roads, some of which have degenerated down to only trails thru the woods. Some are fairly tame and others much more challenging. I welcome more riders who want to explore the remote stuff. This is the best time of year to be riding and opening up the over grown and obscure runs. Also non-plated bikes are allowed on the dirt roads inside Newton County.

Donny has any of the AR HS & Enduro series started inside Kingston?
or has planned an event.. would really turn the grounds up alot.
Still winter up there at night > 30s-40s

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Well, I have started the process of going through the carbs on all the kid's bikes to get them in good running order after sitting for months on end... That and new air filters and an oil change and they will all be good to go. I just have to figure out how I am gonna get six bikes up there in a single axle enclosed trailer :ponder: Gonna be a tight fit!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Hang the little ones from the ceiling
I'd have to do some serious structural modifications to get it beefy enough to handle that! Maybe I could hang them on the walls with the front end up? Other than gas running out of the tank, that shouldn't hurt them should it?

If you have e-track rails at the top of your walls, you can get a load bar, like they use in semi trailers. Put it across the trailer top, then suspend the small bike front wheels from it.

Having a couole of good load bars really allows you to make proper use of your e-track. You can create a shelf, or a bulkhead divider in your trailer, any where you like.

Modifying a heavy duty Ancra (or other brand equivalent) load bar down to the proper width for your box trailer is not very dificult. Just drive the pins out on one end of the aluminum bar that retain the mechanism which extends in & out and attaches to the e-track. After you remove the drift pins holding it in place, slide it out of the aluminum square tube. Then cut the square tube down to the desired width ( be sure to leave room for the slide in mechanism to function properly as you determine the new bar length), next drill new drift pin holes where required to re-affix the slide in attachment mechanism into the load bar. Reset the attachment mechanism in the newly reworked square bar, then pound back in the drift pins to hold it in place. Ready for use!

I have brackets that support a 2x4 crosswise in the trailer , I should rig it so I can put my bed above the bikes and sleep in the trailer when on the road but I'd probly fall down between the bikes and all the other crap I have stuffed in there and nobody would find me for a couple weeks . I do have a shelf across the back of the trailer for gear storage when setup .

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
:tab I've got E-track installed in the new 7 X 16 trailer. I bought the 2x4's and 1/2" plywood for the bed yesterday and it fits perfect. When the bed is not being used, it will be mounted above the bikes on a high set of rails. Two of the 2x4 cross bars will be used to secure the front wheels of the bikes so they don't turn while strapped down. I know have enough floor space and E-track to strap down six bikes properly.

:tab I even have a toilet seat for a five gallon bucket :-P

Sorry I have been so scarce. I need to get the OP updated with folks who will make this. Please let me know if you are going and how many you are bringing in tow and I will update the original post.

It will be a last minuet call if I can make it , too much stuff going on in April . I will know by Wednesday before if I can and will post up , if I do I'll be camping at the ranch .

Not yet Brad. I don't have a GPS, so am waiting for one of my dear friends with a GPS to record tracks as I show them around the place. (hint hint) Thanks for registering up! Lets all pray for decent riding weather!

Not yet Brad. I don't have a GPS, so am waiting for one of my dear friends with a GPS to record tracks as I show them around the place. (hint hint) Thanks for registering up! Lets all pray for decent riding weather!
Happy to help. I will be there early Friday morning. Visiting friends in Winslow for a few days first.

Hey that's great David! This time you should find the weather a bit more accomodating. Looking foward to seeing everyone. Waiting on Scott & family to show up any time now.

Nice pictures woohoo.. looks like all the fine features are running.
clean mountain water and spring time in the Ozarks hard to beat..
know its a hike down there there are plenty more too.
" i know am missing out big time maybe next time could plan a little better"

CHEERS and Happy Easter!

Nice pictures woohoo.. looks like all the fine features are running.

clean mountain water and spring time in the Ozarks hard to beat..

know its a hike down there there are plenty more too.

" i know am missing out big time maybe next time could plan a little better"

CHEERS and Happy Easter!

Wish you could have made it. It is a pretty boring drive out here solo. I think I actually started going crazy talking to myself. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
:tab We got home about 4:30pm Saturday. Spending Friday night in Clarksville in a hotel was a good decision! Everything is unpacked and bikes have all be cleaned, which took some doing on Daniel's bike! :lol2:

:tab The property is simply incredible. All three of my kids were able to ride a LOT despite very different riding abilities. There were a TON of fantastic pastures where Rachel (8 yr old) was able to ride her TTR50E without training wheels for the first time. She followed me all over the place and had an absolute blast. Her and Sarah (12 yr old) enjoyed the challenge of a few long rocky climbs/descents on the main roads out through the pastures. That was a first for both of them. Sarah was riding her CRF110F. I got to spend time riding with each kid alone and with all three at once. Daniel (10yr old) was ripping all over the place on his TTR110E, which we only got the Friday before leaving for the trip. He could NOT get enough of this place!! It was all I could to do keep him in sight!

:tab It really is hard to describe how cool this property is. Donnie and his family have done a LOT of work on it. I am pretty sure we only barely scratched the surface and yet just what we saw is incredible. I only wish it was not so far for us to visit. Daniel was not happy about having to leave...

:tab We had some map confusion and had trouble finding the property on Wednesday evening. So we ended up in Huntsville on Hwy 23 for the night. However, I figured out what went wrong and we were able to find it easily Thursday morning. Google maps shows the road as CR 9. The actual signs on the road and my GPS map show it as CR 3260. And somehow I had 9 on the brain and found CR 9560 instead, which is on the other side of the valley and a LOT rougher road. Anyway, we were able to ride most of Thursday and a good part of Friday before having to load up and head out. I wish we could have stay and ridden Saturday as well.

:tab Donnie and Lynn were great hosts. We got to meet his son, daughter, and several grand kids as well. Daniel REALLY enjoyed chasing Donnie, Doug, and Brad on the twisty dirt trails. Beth enjoyed the tour with Lynn via a Kawasaki Mule.

:tab I have a ton of pictures and will try to get up a report when I can.

I've attached the tracks I made.

If you view them in Google Earth, they are more useful. I didn't have time to really clean them up.
I have not looked yet. Did you add the attractions like cliff side camp, waterfalls and the two different lookout points?

Last edited:

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
I have no looked yet. Did you add the attractions like cliff side camp, waterfalls and the two different lookout points?
:tab Nope, just the tracks from my wandering.

I've tried it on Google Earth on my Android phone and it comes back and says one phrase error. What am I doing wrong?
:tab I've no idea. I have only used Google Earth on my desktop computer. To view these GPX files, I would first download and save them to my computer, open Google Earth, and then import them. But I have no idea what steps you would need to do with the phone :shrug:

I stayed thru the night , Sunday morning there was was a good rain shower so I didn't ride any , Ted took his 530 for a ride on the Cave Mtn road that afternoon and maybe a 50 mile loop ride and said the roads were great and no dust , the drive home today was a little wet too . I haven't checked out the cliff camp yet , that place looks awesome . We did go take Picts of the bear tracks yesterday morning before the rain hit , bigger than my hands . I sure hope he doesn't know where the cliff camp is .

Last edited: