• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chase the Easter Bunny @ Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park - April 13th - 17th

Hail

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Chase the Easter Bunny @ Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park
April 14th - 16th - Easter Weekend
Buffalo Ranch & Adventure Park Web Site

Property Description for Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park
  • Over 2000 acres of spectacular dirt and dual sport riding in a pristine natural area.
  • One of a kind waterfall and cliff side camping.
  • Individuals, Groups and Events welcome.
  • Adjoins Buffalo National River Park & The Sweden Creek Natural Area.
  • Dirt Bikes, ATVs, Side X Sides & Jeeps
  • Hikers, Climbers, Campers & Outdoor Adventurers
  • Day Usage and Overnight Opportunities
  • Currently Open for Events, or by Appointment
  • 530-377-6678

Myself and a group of friends are heading out Easter weekend to check out WildernessRider's Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park.

I will be driving out Thursday and heading back on Monday for 3 full days (FRI, SAT, SUN) of riding. This is not an organized event. Just a group of folks heading out to ride, camp, enjoy the scenery and kick tires. We invite you to join us. Donny tells me that this is absolutely the best time of year to experience the property.

I am keeping a tally for interest below just in case people want to coordinate traveling together.

IN:
1.) WildernessRider
2.) Hail (Brad)
3.) Tourmeister (Scott & Company)
4.)

MAYBE:
1.) William Wolfson
2.) KamLeeR

Last edited:
Re: Chase the Easter Bunny @ Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park - April 14th - 16th

Chase the Bunny Easter Bash at the Ranch

Chase-the-Bunny-Flier-small.png

Register today!

Last edited:
Re: Chase the Easter Bunny @ Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park - April 14th - 16th

This is still on and I plan to be there!

The "at least 12" thing knocks us out... My kids are 12 and under.

Well, it is likely an insurance related issue, which is understandable.

Scott, personal friends of mine, who I actually know how they will watch over their children are excluded from the 12 and over rule. The place is just too wild and vast to allow folks I don't know, who may or may not really understand or endorse their responsibilities to keep their children in constant and close proximity at all times. I have had my own children & grand children out on the place as they were growing up without any incidents...but we did have to keep up with them at all times when they were younger. I would love to see your family come up and enjoy the place. The Ozarks were absolutely enchanting back when i was a visiting youngster from the coastal flat lands of Houston. I always enjoy seeing that same look of awe in the young ones faces as they take in the mountain sights and activities for the first time. There are also several great clear water canoeing rivers in our imediate region, so do bring your wet suits if you have any interest in such. The water is usually a little too chilly that time of year for most people without a suit.

I'll be watching the weather and if decent I'll be there Thursday evening , I need an Arkansas fix , it's been too long . Oops wrong thread I want the next weekend thread . And maybe this one too , I have never had too much of a good thing .

Last edited:
We are thinking of coming up and making a week of it. We'll probably stay in Harrison though rather than camp. Although, I might bring camping stuff just in case and maybe stay there a few nights if the weather is nice. We'll probably only ride a few days and then do other stuff a few days. Will probably come up Sunday and then we have to be back by Saturday. Still ironing out the details.

Donny, do you have a few tracks we can load on GPS to guide us around the property? ...or do you just recommend heading out and exploring?

As I don't yet own or operate a GPS, I don't have any of the tracks for my place. Maybe someone can record some while I show you guys around on the first couple days.

Donny,
Going to try..And bring a friend and few bikes he has the camper/toy hauler will just wait and see what the future brings. And some dry aged Oak firewood.
the Honda is ready new knobbies :trust:

Brad: Steve F. got the tracks for the bigloop(back down to the church in valley) and others..i think he still has them

Last edited:
We reworked a portion of that long loop around by the Church in the Boxley Valley, so that we don't have to go thru the yard beside that log rental cabin any more.

Donny, how much single track is laid out on your place? Not plated so want to stay on dedicated single track as much as possible

At this time I have some limited true single track. But I have many miles of once upon a time logging roads, some of which have degenerated down to only trails thru the woods. Some are fairly tame and others much more challenging. I welcome more riders who want to explore the remote stuff. This is the best time of year to be riding and opening up the over grown and obscure runs. Also non-plated bikes are allowed on the dirt roads inside Newton County.

Donny has any of the AR HS & Enduro series started inside Kingston?
or has planned an event.. would really turn the grounds up alot.
Still winter up there at night > 30s-40s

I'm wanting to go, but work is likely to have me out of town. I'll see what I can arrange, but I won't know til last minute.

Well, I have started the process of going through the carbs on all the kid's bikes to get them in good running order after sitting for months on end... That and new air filters and an oil change and they will all be good to go. I just have to figure out how I am gonna get six bikes up there in a single axle enclosed trailer :ponder: Gonna be a tight fit!

Hang the little ones from the ceiling

I'd have to do some serious structural modifications to get it beefy enough to handle that! Maybe I could hang them on the walls with the front end up? Other than gas running out of the tank, that shouldn't hurt them should it?

Don't forget generator.

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

If you have e-track rails at the top of your walls, you can get a load bar, like they use in semi trailers. Put it across the trailer top, then suspend the small bike front wheels from it.

Having a couole of good load bars really allows you to make proper use of your e-track. You can create a shelf, or a bulkhead divider in your trailer, any where you like.

Modifying a heavy duty Ancra (or other brand equivalent) load bar down to the proper width for your box trailer is not very dificult. Just drive the pins out on one end of the aluminum bar that retain the mechanism which extends in & out and attaches to the e-track. After you remove the drift pins holding it in place, slide it out of the aluminum square tube. Then cut the square tube down to the desired width ( be sure to leave room for the slide in mechanism to function properly as you determine the new bar length), next drill new drift pin holes where required to re-affix the slide in attachment mechanism into the load bar. Reset the attachment mechanism in the newly reworked square bar, then pound back in the drift pins to hold it in place. Ready for use!

Back