• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chase the Easter Bunny @ Buffalo Ranch and Adventure Park - April 13th - 17th

I have brackets that support a 2x4 crosswise in the trailer , I should rig it so I can put my bed above the bikes and sleep in the trailer when on the road but I'd probly fall down between the bikes and all the other crap I have stuffed in there and nobody would find me for a couple weeks . I do have a shelf across the back of the trailer for gear storage when setup .

:tab I've got E-track installed in the new 7 X 16 trailer. I bought the 2x4's and 1/2" plywood for the bed yesterday and it fits perfect. When the bed is not being used, it will be mounted above the bikes on a high set of rails. Two of the 2x4 cross bars will be used to secure the front wheels of the bikes so they don't turn while strapped down. I know have enough floor space and E-track to strap down six bikes properly.

:tab I even have a toilet seat for a five gallon bucket :-P

Sorry I have been so scarce. I need to get the OP updated with folks who will make this. Please let me know if you are going and how many you are bringing in tow and I will update the original post.

Also, please post up of you have hotel accommodations and are looking to split a room with someone. Two beds required of course. ;)

It will be a last minuet call if I can make it , too much stuff going on in April . I will know by Wednesday before if I can and will post up , if I do I'll be camping at the ranch .

Donny, do you have any tracks that people can follow on your property? Good sight seeing route?

Not yet Brad. I don't have a GPS, so am waiting for one of my dear friends with a GPS to record tracks as I show them around the place. (hint hint) Thanks for registering up! Lets all pray for decent riding weather!

Not yet Brad. I don't have a GPS, so am waiting for one of my dear friends with a GPS to record tracks as I show them around the place. (hint hint) Thanks for registering up! Lets all pray for decent riding weather!

Happy to help. I will be there early Friday morning. Visiting friends in Winslow for a few days first.

Hey that's great David! This time you should find the weather a bit more accomodating. Looking foward to seeing everyone. Waiting on Scott & family to show up any time now.

If you are not here, I am sorry. We miss you.

26044edfaa6cfbf5edc5fa4479babc39.jpg

c98ad6973f40b210b6e4e63d08dda137.jpg

1882a869d2b2394fb56f7b96517d1006.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pictures woohoo.. looks like all the fine features are running.
clean mountain water and spring time in the Ozarks hard to beat..
know its a hike down there there are plenty more too.
" i know am missing out big time maybe next time could plan a little better"

CHEERS and Happy Easter!

Nice pictures woohoo.. looks like all the fine features are running.

clean mountain water and spring time in the Ozarks hard to beat..

know its a hike down there there are plenty more too.

" i know am missing out big time maybe next time could plan a little better"

CHEERS and Happy Easter!

Wish you could have made it. It is a pretty boring drive out here solo. I think I actually started going crazy talking to myself. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:tab We got home about 4:30pm Saturday. Spending Friday night in Clarksville in a hotel was a good decision! Everything is unpacked and bikes have all be cleaned, which took some doing on Daniel's bike! :lol2:

:tab The property is simply incredible. All three of my kids were able to ride a LOT despite very different riding abilities. There were a TON of fantastic pastures where Rachel (8 yr old) was able to ride her TTR50E without training wheels for the first time. She followed me all over the place and had an absolute blast. Her and Sarah (12 yr old) enjoyed the challenge of a few long rocky climbs/descents on the main roads out through the pastures. That was a first for both of them. Sarah was riding her CRF110F. I got to spend time riding with each kid alone and with all three at once. Daniel (10yr old) was ripping all over the place on his TTR110E, which we only got the Friday before leaving for the trip. He could NOT get enough of this place!! It was all I could to do keep him in sight!

:tab It really is hard to describe how cool this property is. Donnie and his family have done a LOT of work on it. I am pretty sure we only barely scratched the surface and yet just what we saw is incredible. I only wish it was not so far for us to visit. Daniel was not happy about having to leave...

:tab We had some map confusion and had trouble finding the property on Wednesday evening. So we ended up in Huntsville on Hwy 23 for the night. However, I figured out what went wrong and we were able to find it easily Thursday morning. Google maps shows the road as CR 9. The actual signs on the road and my GPS map show it as CR 3260. And somehow I had 9 on the brain and found CR 9560 instead, which is on the other side of the valley and a LOT rougher road. Anyway, we were able to ride most of Thursday and a good part of Friday before having to load up and head out. I wish we could have stay and ridden Saturday as well.

:tab Donnie and Lynn were great hosts. We got to meet his son, daughter, and several grand kids as well. Daniel REALLY enjoyed chasing Donnie, Doug, and Brad on the twisty dirt trails. Beth enjoyed the tour with Lynn via a Kawasaki Mule.

:tab I have a ton of pictures and will try to get up a report when I can.

I've attached the tracks I made.

If you view them in Google Earth, they are more useful. I didn't have time to really clean them up.

Attachments

• Wilderness OHV Day 1.gpx
    207.6 KB · Views: 357
  • Wilderness OHV Day 2.gpx
    103.1 KB · Views: 341
Wish we could have​ made it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've attached the tracks I made.

If you view them in Google Earth, they are more useful. I didn't have time to really clean them up.

I have not looked yet. Did you add the attractions like cliff side camp, waterfalls and the two different lookout points?

Last edited:
I've tried it on Google Earth on my Android phone and it comes back and says one phrase error. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I have no looked yet. Did you add the attractions like cliff side camp, waterfalls and the two different lookout points?

:tab Nope, just the tracks from my wandering.

I've tried it on Google Earth on my Android phone and it comes back and says one phrase error. What am I doing wrong?

:tab I've no idea. I have only used Google Earth on my desktop computer. To view these GPX files, I would first download and save them to my computer, open Google Earth, and then import them. But I have no idea what steps you would need to do with the phone :shrug:

I stayed thru the night , Sunday morning there was was a good rain shower so I didn't ride any , Ted took his 530 for a ride on the Cave Mtn road that afternoon and maybe a 50 mile loop ride and said the roads were great and no dust , the drive home today was a little wet too . I haven't checked out the cliff camp yet , that place looks awesome . We did go take Picts of the bear tracks yesterday morning before the rain hit , bigger than my hands . I sure hope he doesn't know where the cliff camp is .

Last edited:
Back