• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Check your gloves and boots

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
I copied the photos from Facebook, but he put his dirt bike gloves on and got popped by a spider hiding in them. Good reminder.

Good warning. That makes me want to store my gloves and boots inside sealed containers.

Looks like a wolf spider to me. Not poisonous but painful.

Good reminder though. I always check my boots but rarely my gloves

I had a huge 🕷on the top of my golf shoes the other day, and this summer one morning I had my pants hanging in the dresser knob, put them on, only to get out of them very quickly after a scorpion had stung me🦂.

I always tell my kids to check their boots for spiders and Snakes. They always thought I was joking till the found a big wolf spider. My daughter checks everyone's now.

What's a good way to check tall boots where you can't see all the way to the toes, and you can't squeeze the boots to kill anything inside?

What's a good way to check tall boots where you can't see all the way to the toes, and you can't squeeze the boots to kill anything inside?

I grab it by the top and with the toe pointed up, whack it on the floor. Anything inside it will fall to the heel.

I grab it by the top and with the toe pointed up, whack it on the floor. Anything inside it will fall to the heel.

I haven't seen a scorpion here in probably 30 years and I still do this every time I put on a shoe/boot.

Reactions: Vec
I haven't seen a scorpion here in probably 30 years and I still do this every time I put on a shoe/boot.

I laugh every time I am staying in a hotel and bang my shoes and boots looking for critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's normal life in Australia, never put on your shoes/boots etc without checking for creepy-crawlies.
Of course in Australia you also have to check your toilet seat, car, bike and anything else for them too.

WARNING this video contains profane language of a type bound to offend some people!
If you are one of those people, turn off the sound or don't click the link.

Looks like a brown reuse bite possibly
I just saw that on Facebook, from reading the thread not sure he knows. He did state he got a couple of shots and script for Walgreens, guess all will be ok.

Looks like a brown reuse bite possibly

that was my first thought with the surrounding skin damage. I know someone that has a tennis ball sized divot out of their leg from one of those.
the necrotising (sp?) venom works mighty fast.

living in florida years ago, i knew a couple we'll call Tim and Lisa.

Lisa got a bite on her ankle that quickly got worse and we all suspected a brown recluse bite. It turned out Lisa had an unreasonable fear of doctors and their ilk. She absolutely refused to get any medical attention. The red streaks appeared and the bite began necrotizing. Still, she refused to go to a doc.

In desperation one night, Tim got her falling down drunk, bundled her in the car and drove her to a hospital.

She almost lost her foot. Unbeknownst to her, she was diabetic, making her recovery even more challenging.

She never would say why she had such fear of doctors.

This also applies to any footwear you take off at the door lest you track mud in the house. I keep an old pair of sneakers in the garage for lawn mowing etc. Always bang them before slipping into them, half the time Something scurries out only to be squished be the other shoe...

When I was a kid, my parents didn't smoke so I had never noticed the cigarette lighter plug in the car before. One day we're sitting in the car waiting on my parents for something and I pushed the plug in. After a minute or so it popped out. I pulled it out and it was glowing red. I wondered if it was hot. So I told my little brother to poke his finger in to see. So the moral of the story is,...

When I was a kid, my parents didn't smoke so I had never noticed the cigarette lighter plug in the car before. One day we're sitting in the car waiting on my parents for something and I pushed the plug in. After a minute or so it popped out. I pulled it out and it was glowing red. I wondered if it was hot. So I told my little brother to poke his finger in to see. So the moral of the story is,...
Don’t do what your big brother tells you to? It’s liable to get you hurt or in trouble. I was the big brother😂

Scorpions are a real issue here. Our dog is our protector on them. He has killed 30+ in the house this past year. I have sprayed outside and in the attic but it does not seem to help much.
My wife and son both got brown recluse bites years ago. I used a 30,000 volt stun gun to treat the wounds and they healed quickly with no doctors visits. I learned about the stun guns effects on poison/venom while over seas where the doctors use them regularly.

Scorpions are a real issue here. Our dog is our protector on them. He has killed 30+ in the house this past year. I have sprayed outside and in the attic but it does not seem to help much.
Weird. I've lived in Waxahachie for dang near 50 years and can only remember seeing one or two in that time.

Back