• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Cheeseburger Loop - 9th or 10th of March

Which day would you prefer?

• Total voters
Here's the picture from Nov of 2017, that I originally posted on this thread (post #27), then I posted it on the thread on ADVRIDER that the OP linked above. I think this is the bridge you are talking about Scott:

spkKti18ME8p6mz6jioJ_SOU1GAuvuEaktB69zzFJOlNdMBe6iNQ9KnHFKugx57T7cYASAt9M7HWjc4kle=w1127-h635-no.jpg

I haven't ridden that far recently to know if they got this open. But as I mentioned in the TWTEX post, there seemed to be a bypass to the left through the creek bed that was gated.

I'm gonna have to get on out there and have a look see. That is great if it is open!

The weather looks good for Sunday. I think I'm about ready for a good ride. I'd at least like to give it a try!

Saturday sure isn't looking good! If it doesn't rain too much Sunday could be perfect!

Gents, unfortunately I have to pull out of this ride. Just came back from Around The Bend ride and must do some repairs on my bike as a result of a couple of drops. Will not be able to ride safely otherwise.

This is where I'd normally just take over leading the ride, but I don't want to get everyone out there and counting on me only to end up having to bail because my arm isn't up to it. I don't want to promise something I'm not sure I can do.

Anyone want to be a backup leader with a real possibility of having to lead the second half of the ride?

Last edited:
I am not that guy. Have no gps. I usually ride alone till I am lost then check phone. Wouldn’t be mad if ride was cut short. Glad your getting better..

What can I say? The weatherman blew it for this weekend. I don't recall seeing anyone else step up to the plate either...

Well, I rode what I could of the cheeseburger loop today. I had a choice, I could ride the cheeseburger loop or I could powerwash the carport. The carport is still dirty and can wait for another day. Anyway, I have good news and bad news. The bad news: the best parts of the forest roads are not open (see attached picture). The Stubblefield bridge is also still out (and probably will be for a long time). It was a mess trying to figure out an alternate route. Eventually, I made my way out of the forest to Preston Ln then Pool Rd to get me back on the Cheeseburger Route. The good news: the bridge that was out after Harvey south of Carlos (Yankees) is now open.

I met some women on three ATV's on that road who were acting like I was riding through a school zone, waving me to slow down. I wasn't going that fast. I found it ironic that they were on vehicles without license plates and not allowed on public roads, encouraging me to be safe.

I got a few pictures before the lid on my top box on my 990 popped open and my phone fell out somewhere along the way. If anyone sees an old Nexus 6P, well you can probably keep it. By then I am sure it will have been ruined by rain.

Jfink, ironic they're breaking many laws and worried about you, smh. Of course Constable is probably a friend of theirs and wouldn't be kind to you or us! lol Glad you got out and about.

Last edited:
Jfink, ironic they're breaking many laws and worried about you, smh. Of course Constable is probably a friend of theirs and wouldn't be kind to you or us! lol Glad you got out and about. I

Exactly what I was thinking. No way was I going to win that argument. I just moved on. It was a good day ... well, except for losing my phone. Glad you got out too.

Stubblefield Bridge Update!!

Core drilling will take place next Monday 4/8 and Tuesday 4/9. The FS will be taping he area off for the protection of any anglers.View attachment 231406

Finally! I rode down the FR that goes out to Outlaw Trax and tried to veer left at the fork. They still have it closed off at the fork. Can only go to Outlaw. I could have easily ridden around the barrier, but with my luck a ranger would have been back in there waiting... :wary:

I didn't try the FR down the road a bit where the trail head is off of FM 1791. I got an emergency job and had to haul home to get it done.

Finally! I rode down the FR that goes out to Outlaw Trax and tried to veer left at the fork. They still have it closed off at the fork. Can only go to Outlaw. I could have easily ridden around the barrier, but with my luck a ranger would have been back in there waiting... :wary:

I didn't try the FR down the road a bit where the trail head is off of FM 1791. I got an emergency job and had to haul home to get it done.

I have a friend who did just that, rode around that barrier, about a month ago. You can make it through, but he rode at speed through the spot where the problem was, which was not so obvious, and ended up having a pretty good get off. As he tells it, it just looked like some mud and some puddles, but the puddles were WAAYYY deeper than they looked. He can't remember exactly what happened but it sounds like the front wheel locked and through him over the handlebars. He is just now getting back into riding.

Now that could compound a bad day, get hurt then arrested for going around barrier. Wouldn't end well.

Back