• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cheeseburger Saturday 2-15 Anyone?

Thanks for suggesting the ride @my6 and thanks for leading @William Wolfen. Here is some of the excitement you guys missed on my return trip:

I mentioned at lunch the section that was underwater before. Well, it still was but not quite as deep as before.
VP1dwy-Mksw_GDUZE8XPoIL6nYIWCZPfyC5eY=w477-h635-no.jpg

Some of these were bash plate deep.
F2_H37QlhqR2oL4VCbvfhBUeQ01HGIJdECGT4=w477-h635-no.jpg

After I made it through the water I had a congratulation party with all my closet friends (a mule, two horses and a bunch of cows!)
n6VNUqKE2dYezOf3lo39LrFbMGySb227MBMag=w847-h635-no.jpg

Also went by the place we went by earlier with the Elk:
h9SO0EJVffDWDuB21pKzvwKZGC0Op9r5D4b1A=w847-h635-no.jpg

I don't think these were Elk, but I spooked them when I pulled up so I didn't get a good picture.
RLCROLsKrLqvK_IiXKOgCd-47CUzrniNY39i0=w847-h635-no.jpg

Anyway, thanks again guys. Let's do it again, soon.

wy-mksw_gduze8xpoil6nyiwczpfyc5ey-w477-h635-no-jpg.jpg

Some of these were bash plate deep.

They were almost over the front wheel of my GS when I went through there a few weeks ago. How was the sand section? It was actually a bit loose when I came through.

They were almost over the front wheel of my GS when I went through there a few weeks ago. How was the sand section? It was actually a bit loose when I came through.

The sand was a little, uh sandy. But I didn't think it was as bad as the stuff we did a few weeks ago up by Davy Crockett. It was still a little wet. Did you go through the forest today? I thought I saw a single track.

Nope, we were in the truck. I was not feeling 100% and it was cold. The heated seat and steering wheel were calling my name. Sarah also had some school work to get done on the drive over and back.

Nope, we were in the truck. I was not feeling 100% and it was cold. The heated seat and steering wheel were calling my name. Sarah also had some school work to get done on the drive over and back.

It did start out cold. It was a little windy too. The afternoon wasn't too bad. Did you end up getting the bike?

Dang, didn't know it's rained this much, what stretch of road is this? Don't recognize it.

View attachment 254617

Dang, didn't know it's rained this much, what stretch of road is this? Don't recognize it.

Rob, for whatever reason, this is an area that seems to stay perpetually wet (where the arrow is pointing). It isn't "officially" part of the Cheeseburger loop, but after we had ridden to Yankees, Dave @AdvNewbDW and I circled back. Dave had to get home but I wanted to see if this little section went through. It does, after a little water, some sand (similar to the sand on the dirt roads around Shiro) and some live stock :)

oA5RMYApyE6rKj9JpeNqsdwsAjjA2r7Oje_wo=w765-h606-no.jpg

Last edited:
Back