• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chester's Hamburgers--San Antonio

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Strong
A real memory of what a hamburger should taste like. I always get the Green Chili Burger and my wife the chiliburger. They have 4 of them but I've only been to the one on 410 and the one on 281. All have the same menu, beers, great root beers, big TV, decor. Home food, comfort food. Fills your arteries on the way to the stomach.

Can't believe no one mentioned them, or anything else in San Antonio. Or much elsewhere either. Texas has a lot of good restaurants. Don't bikers get hungry?

A real memory of what a hamburger should taste like. I always get the Green Chili Burger and my wife the chiliburger. They have 4 of them but I've only been to the one on 410 and the one on 281. All have the same menu, beers, great root beers, big TV, decor. Home food, comfort food. Fills your arteries on the way to the stomach.

Can't believe no one mentioned them, or anything else in San Antonio. Or much elsewhere either. Texas has a lot of good restaurants. Don't bikers get hungry?

YES! For PIE! :trust: :trust: :rofl:

Go into www.diveeats.com and search for Texas dives...you'll find 60...still working to fill out the Big Bend region but it's just a matter of time :eat:...and Chester's will be in there later today (thanks for the recommendation) ;-)

Now this is a list I can get into. I'll send you other contributions since we travel between Mx and Tx and eat at least 3 times a day, sometimes more if we get up early or go to sleep late.

The dives , nice list I have eaten in 15 of the listed establishments on the Texas list . SEYA

I'd love to hear about any other must-visits in the state (anywhere for that matter) :eat:

Another San Antonio burger I like is the Bean Burger at Billy T's Burger Shop.

1017 Austin Hwy
San Antonio, TX
78209-4729

Another San Antonio burger I like is the Bean Burger at Billy T's Burger Shop.

1017 Austin Hwy
San Antonio, TX
78209-4729

I used to love the bean burgers at Tycoon Flats in San Antonio but they'd closed last time I was in town...I'll have to check out Billy T's next time I'm there. Looks like they got some very good reviews for their burgers and homemade fries/rings.

Thanks for mentioning it...I added it to the database :eat:

Chesters is great stuff, I was kinda bummed when they stopped using poppy seed buns though. as for that dive website, Half the joints down here are dives, I would start adding but it would be like another full time job just to keep up.

Chesters is great stuff, I was kinda bummed when they stopped using poppy seed buns though. as for that dive website, Half the joints down here are dives, I would start adding but it would be like another full time job just to keep up.

Shoot me a PM or just rattle off the names/cities here...I'll find 'em and do the rest. ;-)

Shoot me a PM or just rattle off the names/cities here...I'll find 'em and do the rest. ;-)

If you're talking about stopping at em to eat. I'll join you, but I must warn you, your heart may stop after dive 3.

Tempting...

1. full tank of gas
2. heart medicine
3. empty stomach, about to be stuffed :eat:

I was going to add them to the database so I (and everyone) would know where to find 'em. A little too hot up here in DFW to consider heading south to where it must be even hotter :giveup:

The Cove - San Antonio. Great food, beer, live music, car wash, and laundromat.

That's what I'm talkin' about! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looks like a great spot...it'll be in there by tomorrow. I'll be visiting this spot when I'm in SA for a reunion this fall. Thanks for mentioning!

I've registered and I'll add em as I find time and find new joints. If youre ever down here Dark, I'll find you some of the nastiest greasiest, best tasting food youve ever had.

Sounds like a great invitation! I'll bring my heart medicine and look forward to it! :eat: :rider:

Back